to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Tom Clancy's The Division - Rainbow Six meets DayZ in Ubisof

Your comments on our articles.

...we all fall down

Ever wonder why health professionals get in such a flap when a new strain of influenza rocks up on the scene, even though they often turn out to be relatively minor? Well, it's because the spectre of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic - which killed 100 million people, or 5% of the world's population - still looms large, and although the most recent pandemic was in 2009, we're long overdue an outbreak of that seriousness again.... read more

Postby Branhelm » 21 Jun 2013, 10:37

by "on your todd" do you also mean offline? don't get me wrong I can see the appeal of it being online with an ever growing world, but sometimes you just wanna chill in your own world, without worrying about people sneak attacking you.
Branhelm 24

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division - Rainbow Six meets DayZ in Ub

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Jun 2013, 10:43

It's an always-online game, I believe, but I'll double-check.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Bezza89 » 21 Jun 2013, 10:56

Hello Alex Dale, staff writer; why is calling in airstrikes via tablet a bad idea? Or enough to warrant you saying 'doing so well until then'. That sounds pretty darn cool to me, I like playing games socially, so if someone is sitting next to me I can say 'hey just airstrike them chumps and chumpettes, friend!' and they'll be like 'sho thang Buzza' (because all americans pronounce 'Bezza' as Buzza, no joke). Sounds cool to me, maybe they can give me directions so I don't have to faff about with a map. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't be a benefit to people who aren't you. :wink:
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby vadersmyfather » 21 Jun 2013, 11:01

Bezza89 wrote:Sounds cool to me, maybe they can give me directions so I don't have to faff about with a map.

Next-gen sat nav, doesn't enthrall me too much :P
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Jun 2013, 11:06

I've extended the piece by one whole sentence - it ends rather abruptly, I agree. Blame E3 write-up madness.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Jun 2013, 11:07

Is that the same Alex Dale that used to write for Xbox World? Didn't always agree with you, but always enjoyed your writing. Since you've got a photo and a profile rather than just "OXM Staff" does that mean you're sticking around?
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Jun 2013, 11:09

He's one of the Games Hub chaps - a disgraceful spineless mercenary-for-hire, shared by us with CVG, Edge and the rest.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby vadersmyfather » 21 Jun 2013, 11:10

OXM ETboy wrote:He's one of the Games Hub chaps - a disgraceful spineless mercenary-for-hire, shared by us with CVG, Edge and the rest.

Ah Edge, that's where I've seen him before.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Jun 2013, 11:12

OXM ETboy wrote:He's one of the Games Hub chaps - a disgraceful spineless mercenary-for-hire, shared by us with CVG, Edge and the rest.

In that case I spit upon his mercenary wretchedness :lol:
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby OXM ETboy » 21 Jun 2013, 11:15

I will notify Alex that people are spitting at him. :wink:
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Bezza89 » 21 Jun 2013, 12:03

Not just mere people, but MODs. All hail new mod Ser Smile of Cunning. I see grums is also a greenhorn too, bet you're itching to hit that trigger, I think you both smell! How about them apples?

I don't spit at alex, but poo-pooing some actual use of smartglass seems grim, can't innovate without first walking before crawling.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby CunningSmile » 21 Jun 2013, 13:38

Bezza89 wrote:Not just mere people, but MODs. All hail new mod Ser Smile of Cunning. I see grums is also a greenhorn too, bet you're itching to hit that trigger, I think you both smell! How about them apples?

I don't spit at alex, but poo-pooing some actual use of smartglass seems grim, can't innovate without first walking before crawling.

Thanks for the hail, but you'll have to be a lot more insulting then just saying I smell if you want me to pull the trigger :P
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 21 Jun 2013, 13:48

CunningSmile wrote:
Bezza89 wrote:Not just mere people, but MODs. All hail new mod Ser Smile of Cunning. I see grums is also a greenhorn too, bet you're itching to hit that trigger, I think you both smell! How about them apples?

Thanks for the hail, but you'll have to be a lot more insulting then just saying I smell if you want me to pull the trigger :P

From the heart, an image for you to use, here is. Yes, hmmm.

vadersmyfather 46

Postby fracturedrich » 21 Jun 2013, 15:01

This looks fantastic with way to many good points for such a short video,i will say though that the guys enthusiasm needs to be cranked up a notch,after all he is getting shot at from all angles and he says wow.It does look good and after defiance i have high hopes for mmo on consoles.
fracturedrich 46

Postby Baryonyx » 21 Jun 2013, 15:55

This has really came out of the blue and seems seriously appealing. I love persistent online worlds, and asynchronous gaming. I said as much with Defiance leading the charge a few months ago. This just looks incredible, I can't wait to get ensconced in my front room with this on the TV. We've never had it better.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 37

Next