FIFA 14 in-depth - variety is EA's goal this year

Your comments on our articles.

Richard Meade talks possession, pace and marking with the developers

It's the 92nd minute, I'm 1-0 up and have a corner - promotion is practically in the bag. Having risen through the leagues, my FIFA 13 Ultimate Team is one win away from promotion to Division 2. I'm already smugly celebrating and fist-pumping during a cutscene.... read more

FIFA 14 in-depth - variety is EA's goal this year

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 23 Jun 2013, 15:45

There's nothing more annoying in Fifa 13 than taking a goal kick and whacking it 3/4 of the way up the pitch, only to find it fly right back to the other team's striker. Sounds like they've reduced the chance of that happening which can only be a good thing.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Re: FIFA 14 in-depth - variety is EA's goal this year

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Jun 2013, 10:55

forgive me for being pedantic, but how can you have 'more variety' in a football game? I would have thought you'd want more football :lol:
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby spikeydale » 24 Jun 2013, 12:09

"...allowing the Shola Ameobis of this world to use their strength to maintain possession or fashion chances"

I am a huge Newcastle fan, and seeing Shola being mentioned as some sort of tank is embarrasing :lol:

They should have a special button for shola on Fifa, to trip over while standing still....
spikeydale 8

Postby Grummy » 24 Jun 2013, 13:02

spikeydale wrote:"...allowing the Shola Ameobis of this world to use their strength to maintain possession or fashion chances"

I am a huge Newcastle fan, and seeing Shola being mentioned as some sort of tank is embarrasing :lol:

They should have a special button for shola on Fifa, to trip over while standing still....

The guy went to the Sergio Busquets school of football.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator