to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay 2 would "clearly" be for Xbox One, survival m

Your comments on our articles.

"We don't know what the future of State of Decay is right now," cautions Undead Labs

Speaking to Polygon, Undead Labs co-founder Jeff Strain has offered a bit more insight on State of Decay's forthcoming survival sandbox mode, which could be released for a fee if Microsoft deems this appropriate. He also chatted briefly about the game's missing multiplayer component, and the possibility of a sequel for Xbox One.... read more

State of Decay 2 would "clearly" be for Xbox One, survival m

Postby Bugsquat » 24 Jun 2013, 15:39

'We're still bleeding over it'. 'Microsoft...was infected by our vision'.
One gets the impression that this guy is just a tad too...involved...with his work. :)
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31

Re: State of Decay 2 would "clearly" be for Xbox One, surviv

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 24 Jun 2013, 22:45

If I end up having to pay for the Sandbox mode, it's a game I probably won't be buying it. Also, wasn't Sandbox mode supposed to be in the game at release, Fort Zombie had it so why doesn't State of Decay ?
Ciaran Hillock 9

Postby thewrongtrousers » 24 Jun 2013, 23:08

As for the "pure survival" sandbox mod, it'll give you freedom to roam the evolving world and complete tasks as you please. Expect new tools that measure and score progress - how long you keep certain characters alive, for example, how effective you are at gathering supplies, and how well you maintain the community's health.

What annoyed me about SoD was the fact that to get certain achievments you had die twice and kill another survivor. Yet there were no achievments for going through the game without losing a survivor.
thewrongtrousers 28

Postby CR33D » 25 Jun 2013, 00:46

Ciaran Hillock wrote:If I end up having to pay for the Sandbox mode, it's a game I probably won't be buying it. Also, wasn't Sandbox mode supposed to be in the game at release, Fort Zombie had it so why doesn't State of Decay ?

No it wasn't They wanted to focus on 1 mode and put all work on that, It was only a small team so they had to choose what they could add in, And Microsoft are in charge of the price, So i guess it will be paid DLC . You can leave the story alone and still play sandbox, This is just a better version to play sandbox.

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Postby Dadditude » 25 Jun 2013, 02:31

thewrongtrousers wrote:
As for the "pure survival" sandbox mod, it'll give you freedom to roam the evolving world and complete tasks as you please. Expect new tools that measure and score progress - how long you keep certain characters alive, for example, how effective you are at gathering supplies, and how well you maintain the community's health.

What annoyed me about SoD was the fact that to get certain achievments you had die twice and kill another survivor. Yet there were no achievments for going through the game without losing a survivor.

- Spoiler Alert -

That's because it is impossible to go through the story without losing a survivor, as there are two survivors (Erik and the Pastor) who HAVE to die, not counting those at the ranger station at the beginning of the game. Well, technically one, as Erik is never officially part of your group.

- End Spoiler -

I suppose they could have had an achievement for not ever losing a playable survivor, though. Maybe that's one that they can add in DLC…
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.
Dadditude 2

Postby thewrongtrousers » 25 Jun 2013, 21:33

Dadditude wrote:
I suppose they could have had an achievement for not ever losing a playable survivor, though. Maybe that's one that they can add in DLC…

Thats kind of what I meant, although they didn't have to have the Pastor die - that was a choice they made when they wrote the storyline.
thewrongtrousers 28