Next gen Dark Souls 2 was "discussed", From Software admits,

Your comments on our articles.

Dark Souls 2 director on difficulty: take away "nuisances" and you don't have a game any more

In an interview with GameInformer at E3, Dark Souls 2 director Yui Tanimura has explained the difference, as he sees it, between a challenging game and a game that's just too hard. He's also shed a bit of light on the decision to keep the game current gen.... read more

Next gen Dark Souls 2 was "discussed", From Software admits,

Postby fracturedrich » 25 Jun 2013, 17:56

I just can not believe what i'me hearing to be honest,this was my next gen front row games planned,meaning most played.1 forza 5 2. battlefield 4 and 3.dark souls 2.This is a ploy by ms to stop you from selling your 360.
fracturedrich 48

Re: Next gen Dark Souls 2 was "discussed", From Software adm

Postby Metalrodent » 25 Jun 2013, 17:59

fracturedrich wrote:I just can not believe what i'me hearing to be honest,this was my next gen front row games planned,meaning most played.1 forza 5 2. battlefield 4 and 3.dark souls 2.This is a ploy by ms to stop you from selling your 360.

It is not a ploy by MS, as the game is also being released on the PS3 and PC
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby fracturedrich » 25 Jun 2013, 21:59

yes granted but i was under the impression that this was going to be next gen release.I thought by next march most people will have upgraded to the more powerful console.
fracturedrich 48

Postby msbhvn » 25 Jun 2013, 22:17

From Software aren't a big studio. They had to partner with Sony to release Demon's Souls, hence why it was an exclusive. Dark Souls has a lot of rough edges. Namco Bandai will have given them a lot of money for Dark Souls 2, but it'll only go so far. As PC is the lead platform for Dark Souls 2 development, and the Xbox One and PS4 are very PC-based, it will be relatively easy to port DS2 to next gen. All we need to do is let them know before and after release that we want ports and they'll do their best, like they did with the PC version of Dark Souls. Just let them finish the game first.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69