to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay banned in Australia, second title update is "

Your comments on our articles.

"Believe me, we're frustrated too," says Undead Labs

Good news! Undead Labs' second State of Decay title update has yet to meet with any nasty accidents during its progress through Microsoft certification testing. Bad news! State of Decay itself has been denied an age rating by the Australian Classification Board, which appears to be on some sort of banning spree.... read more

State of Decay banned in Australia, second title update is "

Postby ItchyRash » 26 Jun 2013, 11:22

The Aussies get a rough time when it comes to their government banning games. I know with boxed games they can just order them from the UK due to them being PAL as well. Games are extortionate in Aus anyway so it doesn't work out much more expensive. My brother usually gives me a long list to buy and take over with me when I visit which saves him hundreds of dollars. Unfortunately with digital copies it might be impossible to work around these bans
ItchyRash 42

Re: State of Decay banned in Australia, second title update

Postby Chameleon » 26 Jun 2013, 11:35

Few things make me glad to live in a place where 'summertime' consists of a couple of days of pushing the old mercury to the heady heights of 20 degrees - but the Aussie ratings board is one of them.
[slow clap]
And good point about the digital releases, Itchy.
Chameleon 44

Postby IMilkyBarI » 26 Jun 2013, 12:45

they'll be banning a lego game next :roll: lighten up Australia
IMilkyBarI 9

Postby SilentDark » 26 Jun 2013, 13:59

It's funny because Australia likes to give this impression that they're very laid back and accepting, you can argue that it's just the government I suppose but someone keeps voting these people in.

Freedom of expression Australia, look it up.
Fear Effect 2: HLA! HLA! Dragon Age Inquisition: Ban this sick filth!.....who needs standards when you can have double standards. :?
SilentDark 63

Postby delpoi » 26 Jun 2013, 15:47

When does the second update go live cause I've loaded it up and not got the update? :?
delpoi 40

Postby Hordriss » 26 Jun 2013, 16:36

delpoi wrote:When does the second update go live cause I've loaded it up and not got the update? :?

Read the article and you will see that there is no specific time for it. It's still going through the testing/certification stage. I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed to allow for the renaming of the meds so they can get the game a certificate so it can be sold in Oz.
Hordriss 3

Postby Bugsquat » 26 Jun 2013, 19:59

So doing anything 'wrong' but with an incentive is totally utterly 100% without question a bad thing? Next they'll be banning driving games because they depict the unnecessary consumption of oil and consequent damage to the environment as a positive thing - an equally nonsensical notion. :roll:
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31