State of Decay: Undead Labs talks DLC, update bugs, sequels

Your comments on our articles.

Jeff Strain and Sanya Weathers on the past and future of XBLA's fastest-selling new IP

For XBLA's fastest-selling new IP, State of Decay is oddly easy to dismiss at a glance. A glance will tell you that it's a zombie masher with a photorealistic aesthetic, that runs on sturdy but hardly mind-blowing proprietary technology.... read more

State of Decay: Undead Labs talks DLC, update bugs, sequels

Postby Sean Blackburn » 26 Jun 2013, 11:32

The patch for this cannot come soon enough for me. I got stuck with the 'no mission progress bug'. If I'm completely honest it's ruined the game for me, to get so far to then have to start over without getting to see the finish the 1st time around is no fun at all.
If 'Last of us' was available on Xbox I'd have definitely bought that over this.
Sean Blackburn 20

Re: State of Decay: Undead Labs talks DLC, update bugs, sequ

Postby smp1987 » 26 Jun 2013, 12:00

Sean Blackburn wrote:The patch for this cannot come soon enough for me. I got stuck with the 'no mission progress bug'. If I'm completely honest it's ruined the game for me, to get so far to then have to start over without getting to see the finish the 1st time around is no fun at all.
If 'Last of us' was available on Xbox I'd have definitely bought that over this.

Not played this since the bug needs to be updated ASAP (I did get the last of us Epic game best iv ever played:roll:) But half way though my ps3 bites the big one! karma i guess :evil: so im hopefully of to get a replacement today :D
smp1987 25

Postby BlackhawkTenan » 26 Jun 2013, 12:52

I........HATE.........FERAL.......ZOMBIES!!!......... :evil:
BlackhawkTenan 30

Postby Grummy » 26 Jun 2013, 20:24

I love how upfront UL are. Most devs/publishers are so scared of upsetting/offending the gamers that they prefer to speak in riddles and lies to keep them happy. UL though have been straight up 'no chance of building anywhere' for example. It's disappointing, but it doesn't make me less happy with the game or UL, instead I respect UL more for being so forthright.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby RekliSnipes » 27 Jun 2013, 23:55

After discussing with my fellow Xbox Live friends, talking about State Of Decay is a big thing for us and what we wish Undead Labs would add. State Of Decay is a amazing game as it is, with some flaws and disappointments. The story being short, around 3 days for myself to complete if I play nonstop. It came to our attention that we had wished that items would respawn after a given time, Say, 3 days real time. it comes to the point where you can't play no more and have to restart the game. a lot of key elements in the game could have been used. My friends and I discussed the possibility of "Electric Fences" Or "Fog Lights" Looking back at the bases in State Of Decay were quite disappointing. Though, every play through of SOD I used the trucking warehouse in Marshall. but the large quantity of fuel was lacking. SOD wiki's described the ability to use generators in bases. Also the ability to extend the base would be interesting as well, without requiring outposts, making it possible to have more of everything. I look at the Trucking Base in Marshall and think to myself, This place Is Huge. I Wish It Could Have More Watch Towers. More Spaces To Build Everything. I was also disappointed with the fact that you couldn't zoom into a scope with the sniper rifles. State Of Decay could use a big overhaul. I Really Hope Undead Labs Checks Out This Comment And Makes Improvements to the game, not just updates. but huge title improvements. I want to be able to have a town free of zombies and lights and everything like the town from The Walking Dead. I want to be the New Governor. Thank You For Looking At This Comment And Hope To See New Improvements Soon.! :D
RekliSnipes 1