to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Watch Dogs: Ubisoft talks Google Glass, Xbox One and old sch

Your comments on our articles.

Why there's no such thing as "bad technology"

Similarities to other open world franchises notwithstanding, Watch Dogs remains perhaps the most interesting of this year's big releases - a satire of the connected technologies console manufacturers now consider the future of gaming, and a slick hybridisation of systems from Driver, Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell to boot.... read more

Watch Dogs: Ubisoft talks Google Glass, Xbox One and old sch

Postby Maximus T » 27 Jun 2013, 17:17

I have to wear glasses anyway when I'm playing so I would think that google glass would be really cool to implement with the HUD, leaving the screen clear. It's like in games such as Deus Ex and Halo where HUDs actually make sense because of the high tech sunglasses/helmets, the HUD fits into the narrative and I like that. Watch Dogs looked really cool at first but I'm starting to lose interest a bit, maybe because I'm busy being psyched for other releases and confused about next gen.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Re: Watch Dogs: Ubisoft talks Google Glass, Xbox One and old

Postby Grummy » 27 Jun 2013, 17:42

Y'know, the Goggle Glass always reminds me of an early screenshot I saw of Mass Effect, even before the next (current) gen came along, with Shepard effectively wearing a blue tooth like device that created a small holographic screen over his eye. I'm sure we've all seen that effect in the games since then. All I can think is that if I could use something like the Google Glass as a peripheral for games like ME, to get real time information on the visual portion, communications into my ear from the audio, plus the ability to use kinect to issue real time orders to my team, even basic things like 'stfu I'm trying to listen to EDI' then the game halts team mate banter, it would just be incredible to experience. A fantastically exciting way to improve the immersive experience. It's not for everyone, granted, but something like that would be amazing as a benefit of using these peripherals.

The thing with control pads is that they're a utility needed to replicate actions we want to make in games, in the past it has been choosing dialogue as well standard control, well peripherals like Kinect and Google Glass can replace that effectively. Again, it's not for everyone, and that's fine, but it would be nice for people like me who like the idea.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator