to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Journey developer reckons Kinect on Xbox One is "finally the

Your comments on our articles.

"Our next game is going to be something that will relate to a wide audience on a human level."

Thatgamecompany founder Jenova Chen wants to make games that "bring people together", that "relate" to people on a "human" level. The new version of Kinect, meanwhile, can read your expression and handle up to six participants in local multiplayer. Would it be utterly, disgracefully literal-minded of me to suggest that Chen and Microsoft's whiz-bang peripheral might do rather well out of one another?... read more

Journey developer reckons Kinect on Xbox One is "finally the

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 02 Jul 2013, 11:25

Today, I shall not say a word...! :mrgreen:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Journey developer reckons Kinect on Xbox One is "finally

Postby s17pur » 02 Jul 2013, 13:01

The technology is clearly there, but it's how they use it. Personally I'd love to see Fight Night Kinect (or equivalent) and another attempt at Star Wars Kinect - some serious games and not just the likes of Kinect Sports that are marketed at kids and casual gamers. Voice commands for the Xbox One interface itself are great but I think there is currently a little too much emphasis on in-game voice commands considering how many gamers will be in party chats whilst playing and will be unable to use them.
s17pur 20

Postby SpazldNinjaDude » 04 Jul 2013, 14:01

The tech of the Kinect for 360 is already there, but it was never implemented in a good way, the best use was the voice, and even that wasn't that well used. But if ThatGameCompany are saying good things does that mean it really is? Or that they are going to use it to get extra funding. As they are Indie, and they are not longer tied to Sony systems. Them getting extra funding isn't bad, as long as their next game is multiplatform.
SpazldNinjaDude 5

Postby Maximus T » 10 Jul 2013, 17:02

s17pur wrote:The technology is clearly there, but it's how they use it. Personally I'd love to see Fight Night Kinect (or equivalent) and another attempt at Star Wars Kinect - some serious games and not just the likes of Kinect Sports that are marketed at kids and casual gamers. Voice commands for the Xbox One interface itself are great but I think there is currently a little too much emphasis on in-game voice commands considering how many gamers will be in party chats whilst playing and will be unable to use them.

And that is why Microsoft should be shipping the console with a headset!
They built in Kinect, which works for motion gaming and voice commands, but whilst doing so leaves the party chat redundant. You can either use your Kinect to communicate (which is something they are trying to encourage with the new rep system) in a game without Kinect, or use Kinect to play, whilst not being able to communicate.
Their ideas and reasoning are contradicting each other.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 67