to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Undead Labs addresses State of Decay update 2 crashing and f

Your comments on our articles.

"It's happening to so few people that we can't get a solid read on what's going on."

State of Decay's second title update is experiencing a few teething troubles, if user upset on Twitter and the game forums is any indication - some players have run into freezing bugs. Undead Labs is looking into things, but cautions that only a minority of users appear to be affected by the more severe issues, which makes it difficult to isolate them.... read more

Postby hollywood111 » 02 Jul 2013, 11:49

It appears State of decay has caught its own virus & slowly falling apart!...

To be honest I've played the game for hours & never had a hitch.
hollywood111 49

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 02 Jul 2013, 11:55

I really want to get this but have a feeling that it still needs a little more time to be sorted. I've just reached the 310* hours mark on my second run-through on Fallout: New Vegas taking in all the DLC, my first having lasted just 272* hours. I reckon that I need another week or 2 to finish it (about another 100 hours or so), so hopefully SoD (unfortunate name) will be sorted by then.

*I have to admit, having spending 582 hours playing one game (i.e. over 23 full days) is pretty ridiculous when you think about it! :oops:

Edited for extremely poor mathematics (i.e. since when did 310+272=482...!) :oops: I'm surprised no one else noticed though! :lol:
Last edited by AllusiveTurtle on 02 Jul 2013, 19:40, edited 4 times in total.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Undead Labs addresses State of Decay update 2 crashing a

Postby BLOODSHO7x » 02 Jul 2013, 12:12

AllusiveTurtle wrote:I really want to get this but have a feeling that it still needs a little more time to be sorted. I've just reached the 310* hours mark on my second run-through on Fallout: New Vegas taking in all the DLC, my first having lasted just 272* hours. I reckon that I need another week or 2 to finish it (about another 100 hours or so), so hopefully SoD (unfortunate name) will be sorted by then.

I have to admit, having spending 482 hours playing one game (i.e. over 20 full days) is pretty ridiculous when you think about it! :oops:

I have only experienced one glitch on the game and that was straight after the update it failed to load but thats happened to me before many times on xbox and it wasnt like id invested weeks of time on a save it was like a few hours pottering about and like it said in the article it only happens to an extremely small portion of people who have played the game so dont expect when or if you buy it for it to never work because less than 1% of the people who downloaded it cant play it. I do recommend it highly as its a really good game but the ending is piss poor if you ever wanted to finish it that is
BLOODSHO7x 14

Postby Grummy » 02 Jul 2013, 13:16

Again, massive respect to UL for being so straight up with people. I think I may go register over there actually, I love a developer that keeps in touch with its fans. Loved the last tweet asking for help from the gamers, it shows that they really, truly want to stay on top of things. Not a day goes by when these guys don't shoot higher up my list of favourite developers.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Grummy » 02 Jul 2013, 18:02

So I went over there and registered. It wasn't a positive experience. A lot of arrogant douchebags and butthurt fanboys bickering amongst each other.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby AlexBolton » 02 Jul 2013, 20:29

So whats the opinion on this then? worth getting?
I played a bit of the trial but didnt want to ruin the actual game tbh
AlexBolton 18

Postby Grummy » 02 Jul 2013, 20:42

AlexBolton wrote:So whats the opinion on this then? worth getting?
I played a bit of the trial but didnt want to ruin the actual game tbh

Hell. Yes.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby ninjadan8988 » 02 Jul 2013, 21:07

Grummy wrote:Hell. Yes.

+ 1

Well worth getting.

Not had any freezing problems myself since the update. The only thing I've noticed is that it keeps popping up saying I'm over storage capacity with resources, even if I'm well under, but it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on the game so is easily ignored.
ninjadan8988 54

Postby Tiffany » 13 Jul 2013, 10:29

i wasn't having any problems with the game til literally 24 hours ago.
my game keeps freezing now and its driving me insane. i even uninstalled and removed my harddrive to put it on another memory unit and it still is freezing.
Tiffany 1

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 13 Jul 2013, 12:14

Tiffany wrote:i even uninstalled and removed my harddrive to put it on another memory unit and...

Good luck with doing that on the One...! :wink:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Tristan W » 29 Dec 2013, 22:02

Well I loved the game up until last night, the game doesn't even load now and just freezes and from what I've seen online they cant do anything about it, so I recommend not getting this game as I wasted 30 bucks for nothing
Tristan W 1