to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay multiplayer DLC "is looking unlikely right no

Your comments on our articles.

"It killed us to cut it, and we had hopes for the future."

Undead Labs once dreamed of releasing a multiplayer component for XBLA hit State of Decay, but the odds are increasingly against it, the developer's Sanya Weathers has confessed on Twitter.... read more

Postby paulbrown23 » 03 Jul 2013, 13:17

Geez we're an entitled lot aren't we?

Disappointed but hey, the game's done well enough that they can make a sequel with multiplayer as a foundation at some point.
paulbrown23 38

Postby Rugdawg09 » 03 Jul 2013, 13:20

So a game that would be perfect for co-op/ mp is no longer going to have it? While the game is a lot of fun it the only game I've played that screams co-op. Every time I pop it on I day dream about playing it with real people and how much that would bring to the table. I am very disappointed.
Rugdawg09 16

Re: State of Decay multiplayer DLC "is looking unlikely righ

Postby Grummy » 03 Jul 2013, 18:07

Disappointing to be sure, but I'd be more interested in learning why it couldn't happen, and what they've learned from it going forward, perhaps they now have a better idea of how to cater to multiplayer and feel that in a future game that they will be able to include it.

Apart from the MP, there are a lot of other improvements I'd rather see. For example, I think the game caters too much for the 'lone wolf' approach and want them to add in changes or just a new gameplay mode that caters more to that more hardcore survival aspect, however it seems the survival mode they're currently working on is in fact something that is tailored even further for the Lone Wolf player.

I adore the game, but it needs a lot of work to improve it in a lot of ways and tbh, multiplayer was very low on my list.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby PonderingWalrus » 03 Jul 2013, 19:51

Saw. This. Coming.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby battfink83 » 03 Jul 2013, 22:06

PonderingWalrus wrote:Saw. This. Coming.

yeah, me too

'Eeeeeeh, that's not really fair. Games are always a partnership and never simple'

it is imo, alot of dissapointments lately, by MS, also, lets just say that its more of a 'gosh, its popular, lets hold of on the co op to extract more cash on a sequel........
battfink83 52

Postby Grummy » 03 Jul 2013, 22:09

battfink83 wrote:
PonderingWalrus wrote:Saw. This. Coming.

yeah, me too

'Eeeeeeh, that's not really fair. Games are always a partnership and never simple'

it is imo, alot of dissapointments lately, by MS, also, lets just say that its more of a 'gosh, its popular, lets hold of on the co op to extract more cash on a sequel........

It's not fair because it's not MS' fault.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Zackary » 09 Jul 2013, 20:15

Just make the multiplayer like dayz for the PC :shock: I mean, the map is already huge enough to have maybe 10 or so players, in separate Enclaves or singled out to fend for themselves.

It sounds somewhat stupid yet a good idea, I find that it already is similar to dayZ minus the multiplayer, anyone else agree, or disagree?

Give me feedback
Zackary 1

Postby CR33D » 10 Jul 2013, 22:02

Zackary wrote:Just make the multiplayer like dayz for the PC :shock: I mean, the map is already huge enough to have maybe 10 or so players, in separate Enclaves or singled out to fend for themselves.

It sounds somewhat stupid yet a good idea, I find that it already is similar to dayZ minus the multiplayer, anyone else agree, or disagree?

Give me feedback

Sounds like you want Class4, It's the MMO version of SoD what was talked about years ago but dropped, This was a "Demo" for Class4 to test the water. It has sold so well it has become it's own game, MS and UL even saying they would like to make a SoD2 for the X1.

It isn't like they said we are not doing multiplayer anymore, I don't think it was just their choice if their choice at all. This is nothing like dayZ only that it has zombies in. But a good idea though i hope we get a similar mode for SoD2.

Cum divites paupermen qui bellum gerunt suus moriatur...
CR33D 28

Postby Wickedweb123 » 11 Jul 2013, 18:05

I've been waiting and waiting and was about to explode when I heard about STATE OF DECAY multiplayer.And telling people that it was gonna come out.I hope you "GUYS" try better. :(
Wickedweb123 1