to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live hit by service alert - users report trouble signin

Your comments on our articles.

"Don't worry, it's not you, it's us and we're on it!"

Looks like Xbox Live's run into a spot of technical bother, comrades. According to the official status page, you may experience difficulty signing into Xbox.com this evening.... read more

Xbox Live hit by service alert - users report trouble signin

Postby Bezza89 » 03 Jul 2013, 19:21

Don't worry, it's not you, it's us

But Microsoft, we could be good together, we have the whole future, don't judge things now based off how fast my internet isn't...

There was one last week or two ago, getting a bit frequent... a whole two problems in like a week... and the previous 6 months or so, but it's much more internet like for me to forget those.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Re: Xbox Live hit by service alert - users report trouble si

Postby fracturedrich » 03 Jul 2013, 21:28

It is taking ages to get achievements list up 3-4 minutes sometimes.
fracturedrich 47

Postby xblStrikeSudden » 03 Jul 2013, 23:10

World of Tanks beta not working. Cant log in to server.
xblStrikeSudden 1

Postby edragon » 03 Jul 2013, 23:32

This is the future for which Microsoft talking about. Digital world. Always online or online check every 24h. It's good for YOU! Specially for everyone who was defending Microsoft and bragged how good internet connection they have.

If you have now this every 24h online check do you understand what it means to you now when Microsoft have some problems with Live servers and you cannot log in and do your check??? It does not matter how good internet you have, you still need use Microsoft Xbox Live servers and if they are down you can forget your your good internet.

Another nice thing was last 2 days if you tried download any game from Xbox Live Sales. It takes ages, half day to download one simple small game. You can have nice internet speed but it's useless if Microsoft does not give better speed to you!

So PLEASE ADD this every 24h online check back, so whole world can see what it means!!!
edragon 19

Postby Grummy » 03 Jul 2013, 23:39

edragon wrote:This is the future for which Microsoft talking about. Digital world. Always online or online check every 24h. It's good for YOU! Specially for everyone who was defending Microsoft and bragged how good internet connection they have.

If you have now this every 24h online check do you understand what it means to you now when Microsoft have some problems with Live servers and you cannot log in and do your check??? It does not matter how good internet you have, you still need use Microsoft Xbox Live servers and if they are down you can forget your your good internet.

Another nice thing was last 2 days if you tried download any game from Xbox Live Sales. It takes ages, half day to download one simple small game. You can have nice internet speed but it's useless if Microsoft does not give better speed to you!

So PLEASE ADD this every 24h online check back, so whole world can see what it means!!!

I DL'd both the free game AND one of the games I bought from the sales yesterday and they were done nice and quick, no problems at all, and this problem with the WEBSITE is an isolated incident, it doesn't affect people on XBL.

Also, I've edited your post to take out the derogatory language, it wasn't excessive, but it was also completely uncalled for. You're welcome to air your opinion, but insulting other people, whether directly or generically, is not cool. I'd appreciate it if you could curb the offensive statements in the future mate, thanks.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby bobknight1 » 04 Jul 2013, 10:23

]
edragon wrote:This is the future for which Microsoft talking about. Digital world. Always online or online check every 24h. It's good for YOU! Specially for everyone who was defending Microsoft and bragged how good internet connection they have.

It took me a whole 25 mins to down load crysis the other night and 30 mins for lego lord of the rings. So it sounds like you've miss directed your anger at Microsoft rather than your obviously shody ISP.
bobknight1 35

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Jul 2013, 10:26

bobknight1 wrote:It took me a whole 25 mins to down load crysis the other night and 30 mins for lego lord of the rings. So it sounds like you've miss directed your anger at Microsoft rather than your obviously shody ISP.

25 mins! When I downloaded Fable 3 the other day it took about 6 hrs, I admit I did some gaming in the middle (thus slowing it) but it had several hours of pure download time
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Hollg » 04 Jul 2013, 10:46

Metalrodent wrote:
bobknight1 wrote:It took me a whole 25 mins to down load crysis the other night and 30 mins for lego lord of the rings. So it sounds like you've miss directed your anger at Microsoft rather than your obviously shody ISP.

25 mins! When I downloaded Fable 3 the other day it took about 6 hrs, I admit I did some gaming in the middle (thus slowing it) but it had several hours of pure download time

I was going to say how surprised I was that Fable 3 took 6 hours for you to download, then I realised you said you did some gaming as well while it downloaded so it would have slowed it down. To take several hours of pure download time seems strange. Do you get restricted by your ISP at peak times?

If you play any game that connects online for multiplayer or even single player arcade games, the downloads stop so they do not affect your online gaming experience, it should have given you a message to inform you hat the download had stopped. When the Xbox One is released, it will download in the background the way you thought the 360 did.

I've had no problems with xbox live or downloading. No company is perfect, XBL may have stuttered for an hour or two, Sony put out out an update that stopped PS3's working until they put out a fix ONE WEEK later. We don't live in a perfect world.
Hollg 29

Postby Insaneyokel » 04 Jul 2013, 14:48

I have been having issues with Live signing me out and then not letting me sign in again for an hour or two, I know it's not my Internet connection as it is the first thing I check and for some reason I can sign in using my smart glass app!!! Not too sure what has been going on with it at the moment
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48