to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bungie releases nine minute Destiny gameplay video

Your comments on our articles.

Relive the E3 battle in HD, without livestream hiccups

Ho, office workers: cease your gainful labours! What will they avail you when the Fallen are swarming our cities, plucking our womenfolk from their bed clothes? Your only hope is to sit down, right this minute, and siphon combat know-how from this whopping video of Bungie's Destiny in action.... read more

Postby Heisen Django » 04 Jul 2013, 10:48

I'd prefer videos without anyone speaking, this is very cringe worthy.
Heisen Django 2

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Jul 2013, 10:50

well it certainly looks pretty impressive (even if they clearly still have the same enemy designers they did for Halo lol) with great graphics and some epic draw distance.
That said the gameplay didn't look massively inspiring, standard pointy shooty stuff, and I was kinda dissapointed to see the CoD style instakill melee in there.
The voiceovers I did like, having normal(ish) sounding people bantering together is a lot nicer than some forced narrator pointing out the gameplay features.

Does anyone know if the game will have opportunities like in this vid, where one person/a group of friends can explore areas on their own, or will there always be other people teabagging the place up?
Last edited by Metalrodent on 04 Jul 2013, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Re: Bungie releases nine minute Destiny gameplay video

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 04 Jul 2013, 11:00

Heisen Django wrote:I'd prefer videos without anyone speaking, this is very cringe worthy.

Agreed, who actually talks like that when they play a game anyway

Though the more I see of this the more Im liking it. At first I thought it was a prettier Borderlands-esque clone which didn't bode well for me buying it as I hated Borderlands but Im coming round and genuinely getting excited for this.
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby kronk10 » 04 Jul 2013, 13:21

Metalrodent wrote:well it certainly looks pretty impressive (even if they clearly still have the same enemy designers they did for Halo lol) with great graphics and some epic draw distance.
That said the gameplay didn't look massively inspiring, standard pointy shooty stuff, and I was kinda dissapointed to see the CoD style instakill melee in there.
The voiceovers I did like, having normal(ish) sounding people bantering together is a lot nicer than some forced narrator pointing out the gameplay features.

Does anyone know if the game will have opportunities like in this vid, where one person/a group of friends can explore areas on their own, or will there always be other people teabagging the place up?

The reason i will buy this game is for the way the enemies move and interact etc the one reason i loved halo was because of the way the enemy moved and reacted and the AI was always very very good so i am glad it looks and seems the same
kronk10 43

Postby b0dd1c3 » 04 Jul 2013, 15:24

I'm trying oh so very hard to like this game but nothings clicking, I'll probably end up getting it anyway
b0dd1c3 39

Postby Silence Sean » 04 Jul 2013, 15:35

kronk10 wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:well it certainly looks pretty impressive (even if they clearly still have the same enemy designers they did for Halo lol) with great graphics and some epic draw distance.

The reason i will buy this game is for the way the enemies move and interact etc the one reason i loved halo was because of the way the enemy moved and reacted and the AI was always very very good so i am glad it looks and seems the same

The enemy, yes. The allied drivers? Heck no! Marines are only allowed to shoot the guns when I play... Don't even get me started on Kat's driving in Reach.
Silence Sean 22

Postby Plamsa wing » 04 Jul 2013, 17:48

Really hate the voices in these type of videos, surely no one talk like that online? Most of it's stuff like, "f***ing shoot them!", "stop dying", "how dark is this room?" and so on.

Anyway, completely underwhelmed by this game at the moment, can't help but think of Borderlands + Halo, not a bad thing, but not exactly next-gen. I'm sure it'll end up being good and it does look alright, but the gameplay feels like it's already being hyped into being the second coming. There isn't much that I haven't seen before with Destiny, it's more or less your basic FPS turned MMO.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby ChaoticP » 04 Jul 2013, 23:39

I quite don't understand the buzz about this game, what's really special about it, it certainly isn't the graphics and it doesn't look like the gameplay.
ChaoticP 51