EA: upcoming tablets and phones will rival Xbox 360 and PS3

Your comments on our articles.

"Same ingredients, completely different meal," says Frank Gibeau

Not long ago, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot proclaimed that second screen mobile apps were "the future". Ubisoft managing director Nicolas Rioux expects "to have mostly the same engine running on tablet and the main console" three or four years from now. EA is in firm agreement with these sentiments, it seems.... read more

EA: upcoming tablets and phones will rival Xbox 360 and PS3

Postby TinnoUnited » 04 Jul 2013, 12:52

They may be able to have the same hardware, but until the battery life drastically improves they will never even get close to what we call gaming.
TinnoUnited 29

Re: EA: upcoming tablets and phones will rival Xbox 360 and

Postby scottishwildcat » 04 Jul 2013, 14:27

TinnoUnited wrote:They may be able to have the same hardware, but until the battery life drastically improves they will never even get close to what we call gaming.

Can't say current battery life bothers me all that much. Bigger problem is limitation of touch screens, which suck as precision gaming controllers. But as soon as you start making add-on controllers, portability instantly suffers, and you then have the problem of where to put the device while you hold the controller instead.
scottishwildcat 18

Postby Drainwater » 04 Jul 2013, 15:15

They may not be able to put games like Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption on a tablet and have it work right, but I have to say XCOM: Enemy Unknown works very well. It only suffers a bit of a graphical hit but other than that it's basically the same game as on the 360. Minus the controller of course.
Drainwater 35

Postby Insaneyokel » 04 Jul 2013, 15:23

I can see strategy games being a hit, but have to agree with the point made a controls I tried playing the mass effect first person game and gave up as the controls were infiritating
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48