to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break offers Max Payne-style shoo

Your comments on our articles.

Developer CEO explains the "ultimate Remedy experience"

Remedy's Quantum Break is perhaps the weirdest of Xbox One's exclusives, an eccentric blend of live action TV and time travel, but the fundamentals should be familiar to fans of the developer's previous work. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz in an E3 interview, CEO Matias Myllyrinne has shed a bit more light.... read more

Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break offers Max Payne-style shoo

Postby Plamsa wing » 04 Jul 2013, 18:00

Quite interested in this one, really enjoyed Alan Wake, thought it was one of the best Xbox "exclusives", so Remedy have my attention.

I'd say they're to Microsoft, what Naughty Dog is to Sony right now.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Re: Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break offers Max Payne-style

Postby MrT666 » 04 Jul 2013, 18:14

Really looking forward to this game, remedy in my opinion are up there with valve in terms of quality. Can't believe oxm only gave alan wake an 8, it's easily as good as the first two max paynes. Think they should get that series back of rockstar as well before they completely ruin it.
MrT666 18

Postby senote » 04 Jul 2013, 18:53

Yeah Alan Wake was good, but it was so overhyped before it came out, and when it came out it was just 'good' it was nothing special. It also didn't help that it took a bazillion years to get released. So given their track record I'll wait till I play this before I buy all the hype.
senote 27

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Jul 2013, 19:09

Don't forget how good max payne was guys, the first one that is, I haven't played 2 and 3 is by R*. They are great developers these guys and gals, I look forward to seeing a tiny bit more about this game before I decide if I'm buying and hide away from it for fear of spoilers.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 67

Postby ChaoticP » 04 Jul 2013, 20:24

The whole TV and Game thing still has me confused. Am I getting TV episodes based on in game decisions or are the TV episodes an extension of the in game episodes. I have full confidence in Remedy, but I would really like to see the game/tv show in action to understand what exactly they mean.
ChaoticP 51

Postby winter » 05 Jul 2013, 03:02

I like Alan Wake, and I just got Max Payne 3 a 2 days ago since it was on sale. I LOVE the shooting!! I love how you can slo-mo dive and jump at different angles and shoot! So fun. :D
winter 17

Postby vadersmyfather » 05 Jul 2013, 09:16

MrT666 wrote:Can't believe oxm only gave alan wake an 8, it's easily as good as the first two max paynes.

I enjoyed it but it was nowhere near the level of promise it had shown initially when it appeared to be sandbox. Also, it didn't seem to me a game worthy of the lengthy 5 year development cycle.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby ChaoticP » 05 Jul 2013, 10:27

I think the lengthy development is what really hurt Alan Wake's score, if it was released around 2008 or early 2009, before huge titles like Uncharted 2, I could easily have seen it getting a 9/10, I still loved the game it was much more unique than most games I had played this gen. Remedy seems to have the jump on other developers this time around and will have a chance to set the standard for next-gen.
ChaoticP 51

Postby MrT666 » 05 Jul 2013, 15:04

vadersmyfather wrote:
MrT666 wrote:Can't believe oxm only gave alan wake an 8, it's easily as good as the first two max paynes.

I enjoyed it but it was nowhere near the level of promise it had shown initially when it appeared to be sandbox. Also, it didn't seem to me a game worthy of the lengthy 5 year development cycle.

I think if it took 10 years it would've still been worth it, especially compered to other games that got a higher score..i mean come on even resident evil revelations got a 9 and that game doesn't even run properly half the time, Plus looks like crap. I suppose Alan wake is like mafia 2 (another underrated game) you either love it or hate it.
MrT666 18

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Jul 2013, 15:11

vadersmyfather wrote:

I really enjoyed Alan Wake for much of it, namely when it was a horror game - the lengthy shootout sections and slow mo 'here's an enemy' bits killed the immersion for me. Highlight of the game was in the trailer park, tense, slow and scary as hell - but no enemies, just shadows and your own mind.

MrT666 wrote:i mean come on even resident evil revelations got a 9 and that game doesn't even run properly half the time, Plus looks like crap.

firstly, it is a port, so what do you expect? and as we all know graphics don't make the game
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby vadersmyfather » 05 Jul 2013, 15:22

MrT666 wrote:I think if it took 10 years it would've still been worth it, especially compered to other games that got a higher score..i mean come on even resident evil revelations got a 9 and that game doesn't even run properly half the time, Plus looks like crap. I suppose Alan wake is like mafia 2 (another underrated game) you either love it or hate it.

I felt that considering both the amount of initial marketing hype it received and the time spent in development it was a surprising linear adventure. It was enjoyable enough, don't misunderstand me, but it wasn't revelatory. It felt to me a game that had unfulfilled ambition.

LA Noire falls somewhat into the same category for me, although for different reasons.

I don't like Resident Evil at all so would agree that it didn't deserve high scores.
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby MrT666 » 05 Jul 2013, 15:34

firstly, it is a port, so what do you expect? and as we all know graphics don't make the game

Exactly a port that capcom couldn't even make run properly on a much powerful system without it stuttering and slowing down, that got a 9!? The whole feel of that game is just wrong as well.
MrT666 18