to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Batman: Arkham Origins story details - younger Batman will "

Your comments on our articles.

"It's going to be a challenge for him."

The Bruce Wayne of Batman: Arkham Origins may be a top-notch martial artist and world-class detective, but he's also a little bit too big for his boots, creative director Eric Holmes has revealed.... read more

Batman: Arkham Origins story details - younger Batman will "

Postby Maximus T » 04 Jul 2013, 18:39

Do we have a release date? (I know it's out in Autumn) I'm assuming it's on both generations too.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 67

Re: Batman: Arkham Origins story details - younger Batman wi

Postby Maximus T » 04 Jul 2013, 19:43

TippiestRook99 wrote:
Maximus T wrote:Do we have a release date? (I know it's out in Autumn) I'm assuming it's on both generations too.

Its out on October 25 and is only going to be released on current generation consoles.

Merci :D
Maximus T 67

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 04 Jul 2013, 19:45

Has anyone at OXM played this yet? Been hearing that its more or less a carbon copy of Arkham City from a few places.
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby Maximus T » 04 Jul 2013, 22:27

One thing I did notice from the E3 demo is that there are practically no new combat animations. WB did say they would leave the combat unchanged mechanically (cos it aint broke) but I would like to see some new X and Y moves.
Maximus T 67

Postby Grummy » 04 Jul 2013, 22:46

Maximus T wrote:One thing I did notice from the E3 demo is that there are practically no new combat animations. WB did say they would leave the combat unchanged mechanically (cos it aint broke) but I would like to see some new X and Y moves.

I think this is basically like a lot of new installments in franchises coming out now, they're last ditch attempts to grab some extra money, I can't see them making too many changes to this if the same basic game with a new story will work.

It's a longish shot, but I expect the real changes will be the next game in the series which, I'd suggest, Rocksteady are working on for next gen, and it's going to be a Justice League game (they once said they'd like to do one, so a long shot, but still possible).
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Drainwater » 05 Jul 2013, 01:59

I loved the other two, but I have to say the only thing that has me even mildly excited about this one is the idea of a Deathstroke fight. Now if it was a true origin story with Bruce just starting his career out it would be a different story. Maybe early missions where he's just wearing a black sweater with maybe a bullet proof vest and a ski mask or training on the other side of the world with Lady Shiva or that old karate master from the Animated Series.

I just think they could have went another, more origin-y, direction with it.
Drainwater 35

Postby Maximus T » 05 Jul 2013, 09:04

Grummy wrote:It's a longish shot, but I expect the real changes will be the next game in the series which, I'd suggest, Rocksteady are working on for next gen, and it's going to be a Justice League game (they once said they'd like to do one, so a long shot, but still possible).

I think you're right about the real changes being made when Rocksteady are developing again, as it's essentially their franchise, so if WB changed too much it would be like me borrowing something and returning it broken.
As for speculation, I think that if the threat is going to take continuity from City, in which case seeming rather significant and large scale, it would be logical that the Justice League would be involved. It will still be interesting as to what part they will play, and even whether Batman is aware of them before this point.
Maximus T 67

Postby vadersmyfather » 05 Jul 2013, 09:07

Maximus T wrote:I think you're right about the real changes being made when Rocksteady are developing again, as it's essentially their franchise, so if WB changed too much it would be like me borrowing something and returning it broken.

Some time ago there was talk of a Silver Age game, has that died a death or was it just a rumour?
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby i_wantMOAR » 05 Jul 2013, 11:19

Nobody seems to be asking the REALLY interesting question, which is; what the bloody hell is rocksteady working on?

Are they still working on that "silver age" inspired justice league thing?
i_wantMOAR 13