to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Fez XBLA will finally be patched, following Microsoft policy

Your comments on our articles.

"It's a 4th July Miracle!" says Phil Fish

Outspoken indie developer Phil Fish of Polytron Corporation has confirmed that 2012 puzzler favourite Fez will finally get a long-awaited patch on Xbox Live Arcade, via Twitter.... read more

Postby Metalrodent » 05 Jul 2013, 08:22

The man's a dick, as a quick scroll of his twitter feed will show
His utter refusal to fix it, despite the bags of money he made just shows him up as arrogant and selfish [edited to remove comedic value from post], sure 1% isn't much but if 1% of Kindle users had a book which wouldn't go futher than page 5 I'm pretty sure they'd be forced to fix it

Still, better late then never eh
Last edited by Metalrodent on 05 Jul 2013, 13:52, edited 3 times in total.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby HadoukenMorris » 05 Jul 2013, 08:23

I think I speak for everyone when I say: it's about time!
HadoukenMorris 29

Re: Fez XBLA will finally be patched, following Microsoft po

Postby PonderingWalrus » 05 Jul 2013, 10:52

Metalrodent wrote:The man's a dick, as a quick scroll of his twitter feed will show
His utter refusal to fix it, despite the bags of money he made just shows him up as arrogant and shelfish, sure 1% isn't much but if 1% of Kindle users had a book which wouldn't go futher than page 5 I'm pretty sure they'd be forced to fix it

Yeah, I hate arrogant sea creatures too! :wink:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby skinnypigeon » 05 Jul 2013, 14:56

The guy worked tirelessly on this game investing his own money to make it reality. He deserves to be able to keep the money he earned and not have to pay $40,000 out of his own pocket to fix something that only affected a handful of people. If you’re one of those people I’m sure it’s frustrating but the game didn’t take that long to complete once you knew what you were doing.

When a creative such as this could offer the world of gaming so much more originality than any AAA studio it’s vital that they’re allowed to make profit so they can continue to innovate and potentially expand (bigger QA team for example). Ignore these fools. I love you Phil Fish. Please let me give you more of my money in exchange for a slice of your imagination.
skinnypigeon 13

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Jul 2013, 15:11

PonderingWalrus wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:The man's a dick, as a quick scroll of his twitter feed will show
His utter refusal to fix it, despite the bags of money he made just shows him up as arrogant and shelfish, sure 1% isn't much but if 1% of Kindle users had a book which wouldn't go futher than page 5 I'm pretty sure they'd be forced to fix it

Yeah, I hate arrogant sea creatures too! :wink:

I would normally take umbrage at that sort of remark sir, but I'll let it slide in this case as you must be talking about another {spit} fish.

I'm not really against it costing for patches like this. There seems to be too much of a culture of release it early, fix it later. Sadly it's only really the customer that pays in cases like this.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby PonderingWalrus » 05 Jul 2013, 16:38

FishyGinger wrote:
PonderingWalrus wrote:Yeah, I hate arrogant sea creatures too! :wink:

I would normally take umbrage at that sort of remark sir, but I'll let it slide in this case as you must be talking about another {spit} fish.

I'm not really against it costing for patches like this. There seems to be too much of a culture of release it early, fix it later. Sadly it's only really the customer that pays in cases like this.

Wait one minute! You're a fish?!? I was under the impression you were just a ginger with some kind of fishy scent.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Grummy » 05 Jul 2013, 18:25

skinnypigeon wrote:The guy worked tirelessly on this game investing his own money to make it reality. He deserves to be able to keep the money he earned and not have to pay $40,000 out of his own pocket to fix something that only affected a handful of people. If you’re one of those people I’m sure it’s frustrating but the game didn’t take that long to complete once you knew what you were doing.

When a creative such as this could offer the world of gaming so much more originality than any AAA studio it’s vital that they’re allowed to make profit so they can continue to innovate and potentially expand (bigger QA team for example). Ignore these fools. I love you Phil Fish. Please let me give you more of my money in exchange for a slice of your imagination.

He didn't just invest his own money, he got a lot of loans to do it. Also, he sold over 200,000 copies at $10 each which is $2 million, MS take 30%, which in this case is $600,000, leaving him $1.4 million. Even allowing for other expenses and costs, he's still made around the 1 million mark, and he is whinging because he was being made to pay a fee, which he knew in advance that he would have to pay, to fix a game he released broken?

No, he doesn't deserve anything at all, this wasn't a small problem, for those people affected it was game breaking, it was serious and it was unforgivable of him to say "thanks for making me a millionaire, but screw you, I'm not paying to fix the game". He's basically being asked to pay about 4p in every £10 he made, and he was complaining? Inexcusable.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 64
OXM Moderator