Xbox Live sale - XCOM, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Judgm

Your comments on our articles.

Offers apply from today through the weekend

Microsoft's Ultimate Games Sale is going out with a bang - or rather, with discounts on five of the best games in recent memory. The reductions aren't quite as dazzling as those of earlier in the week, but £15 for XCOM and Tomb Raider or £9 for Hitman Absolution isn't to be sneezed at.... read more

Xbox Live sale - XCOM, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Judgm

Postby bobknight1 » 05 Jul 2013, 09:30

Some good deals, although bioshock infinite seems a tad expensive.
bobknight1 35

Re: Xbox Live sale - XCOM, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, J

Postby Jigster1 » 05 Jul 2013, 10:09

I was going to get Tomb Raider but was kinda hoping it would be £11.99 instead of £15! Ah well get it next time, Managed to get Forza Horizon at the discount price now and also got Crysis!

Tempted to get Command And Conquer, what do you guys think :?:

So far I've bought Prey, Crysis, Bulletstorm, Rockstar's Table Tennis, Forza Horizon and Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC!
Jigster1 46

Postby HooksaN » 05 Jul 2013, 10:19

What a disapointing end to an amazing sale.

I've picked up some great games this week (most of the lego collection, bulletstorm, etc), but nothing for me this weekend :(

...I was hoping to get bioshock infinite, but as its ten pounds cheaper on Amazon I think i'll take a pass.

Still, the rest of the sale has been great, so i'm not going to gripe about this.
HooksaN 19

Postby msbhvn » 05 Jul 2013, 10:32

I was a little disappointed that Tomb Raider didn't go to £11.99 too. The Steam Summer Sale is due any day now and I'm sure the PC version of Tomb Raider will be £14.99 or less, so I'll get it there.

Gears Judgement and Metal Gear Revengeance are both cheaper online, if you can stand to wait for delivery.

I did get a bargain in Crysis, which has much better controls on 360 and seems about the same as the PC version performance-wise.

Might spend the points I was saving for Tomb Raider on Tales of Vesperia instead.

Oh, and Gears Judgement is £24.99 not £14.99. :wink:
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby ItchyRash » 05 Jul 2013, 11:19

msbhvn wrote:I did get a bargain in Crysis, which has much better controls on 360 and seems about the same as the PC version performance-wise

£4.49 for Crysis was an absolute steal. Such a shame the sequels couldn't quite match it.

Hitman Absolution for £8.99 is great as well although you may very well get it cheaper boxed online. Fantastic game though for anyone who's swaying. Haven't actually picked up much myself other than Orange Box and Omega DLC
ItchyRash 43

Postby Grummy » 05 Jul 2013, 12:17

Very disappointing end to the sale, I was hoping/expecting X-Com to go to £9 and possibly TR too. Those prices are too high though. Shame because up to today, the prices have been excellent.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Pompey78 » 05 Jul 2013, 12:20

Xcom ! yes please
Tomb Raider ! yes please

Cheaper online than at Game where they are £20 each, this is how you get people to buy online digital content Microsoft. set the price points a little lower than physical game stores and I'm a happy chappy.

Bulletstorm is a great (if linear) shooter but got that at launch for £25 at the time. Everyone should pick up copies of Enslaved if you haven't played this. great game that didn't sell and shafted any chance of a sequel.

Trade in is a bonus with a physical disc but then again I would buy the boxed game if it's a major brand new release but when games have been out for a while and at these price points online digital purchase v physical boxed purchase is a much closer call.

Had a shock the other week when I traded in F1 2011, Red Dead redemption and one other game (which I can't recall now) that was about 2 years old and got a total of £5 offered ! I know they weren't brand new but jesus! or am I expecting too much?
Gamertag MattHayward
Getting my kids into gaming to justify an Xbox One purchase :)
Pompey78 33

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Jul 2013, 12:21

Grummy wrote:Very disappointing end to the sale, I was hoping/expecting X-Com to go to £9 and possibly TR too. Those prices are too high though. Shame because up to today, the prices have been excellent.

I would have got them both at that price but as they are I'm still plugging away at what I already have so will wait awhile.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Hawkeye1996 » 05 Jul 2013, 13:08

Gears Judgment is £24.99 for me....
Hawkeye1996 20

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 05 Jul 2013, 15:02

Grummy wrote:Very disappointing end to the sale, I was hoping/expecting X-Com to go to £9 and possibly TR too. Those prices are too high though. Shame because up to today, the prices have been excellent.

And this highlights my concerns, Grummy, when it comes to Microsoft and their vision that we switch to digital only; right now, they should be on complete damage prevention, and making every effort to not only win over the wavers, but also show just how good digital can be. Just about every title that was sold at a bargain price, had been out for a pretty long time, and very few of them could not have been found cheaper elsewhere.

As I've said before, I would prefer to go fully digital, and so Microsoft should you use this type of promotion as a way of demonstrating their intentions for the digital age, (which of course they may be, in which case they have some way to go to convince the likes of myself that their vision is one I'd like to share).
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby PonderingWalrus » 05 Jul 2013, 16:33

msbhvn wrote:I was a little disappointed that Tomb Raider didn't go to £11.99 too. The Steam Summer Sale is due any day now and I'm sure the PC version of Tomb Raider will be £14.99 or less, so I'll get it there.

Gears Judgement and Metal Gear Revengeance are both cheaper online, if you can stand to wait for delivery.

I did get a bargain in Crysis, which has much better controls on 360 and seems about the same as the PC version performance-wise.

Might spend the points I was saving for Tomb Raider on Tales of Vesperia instead.

Oh, and Gears Judgement is £24.99 not £14.99. :wink:

A shame, I probably would have snapped it up for £14.99 but at £24.99 I will wait until further down the line before getting it (although I would have got it if I hadn't already bought AC3 and Far Cry 3 in the sale earlier).
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Jenga » 05 Jul 2013, 17:55

The price points are probably set by publishers and not just Microsoft. I would much rather have a digital copy of an older game because, as has been said before, it gets to the point where trade-in prices offered are obscenely low and if I'm not going to be trading it in I appreciate not having the clutter of game boxes. I've picked up a few games this sale and I'm perfectly happy with how much I've paid for them. It is a bit of a shame about this today's sale however I'm probably going to pick up XCOM and maybe Tomb Raider too.
Jenga 19

Postby tjam84 » 05 Jul 2013, 18:49

Very disappointing. Tomb raider is only 5pounds off? That's terrible, it's the one I've been waiting for too.
tjam84 43