to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Watch Dogs will have a more dynamic city on Xbox One?

Your comments on our articles.

Producer Dominic Guay claims Ubisoft Montreal are able to "push further" on Xbox One

Dominic Guay, lead producer of Watch Dogs has been talking about how playing the game on Xbox One may make for a more dynamic city in an interview with Gaming Target.... read more

Postby Windowlicker79 » 06 Jul 2013, 13:16

We really need more stories like this to get Xbox One back on track after a clumsy start.
3rd party developers talking about multiplatform games that will be better on Xbox One due to cloud processing is exactly what is needed. Obviously Xbox exclusive titles will take advantage of it, but if its good enough for multiplatform devs to do extra work to include it then that's a clear advantage over PS4.
Last edited by Windowlicker79 on 06 Jul 2013, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby Jesper » 06 Jul 2013, 13:17

f**king awesome!
Jesper 7

Re: Watch Dogs will have a more dynamic city on Xbox One?

Postby SilentDark » 06 Jul 2013, 14:00

Windowlicker79 wrote:We really need more stories like this to get Xbox One back on track after a clumsy start.
3rd party developers talking about multiplatform games that will be better on Xbox One due to cloud processing is exactly what is needed. Obviously Xbox exclusive titles will take advantage of it, but if its good enough for multiplatform devs to do extra work to include it then that's a clear advantage over PS4.

Although that could lead to One titles being delayed so the PS4 gets them first and the Xbox crowd has to wait "Well if we get a product that takes advantage of the Cloud to give us a better product it's worth the wait." I hear you say and while that can possibly be true, publishers won't see it like that. Each title has a limited time when excitement is at it's highest, it soon dissipates and sales slow to a crawl, also if the PS4 version turns out to be a turkey the xbox one sales are likely to be affected via word of mouth, better for xbox one gamers it would see on all fronts but I personally see multiplatform games taking the path of least resistance in most cases. I can see Watch Dogs being the exception rather than the rule.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64

Postby delmariachi » 06 Jul 2013, 15:19

All well and good but unless you are processing real life instances, I.E. present day events such as traffic accidents, roadworks, and other such events ala real life in a carbon copy of a city, then it really isn't up to much in a make believe world. And surely these can be placed at random via decent programming.

There's no excuse for the A.I. to not be substantially better than previous generations, with more power and more storage via blu-ray, and from what we've seen in the news, Microsoft shifting the development and patching mentally, so that 3rd parties don't have to run through the mill of certification so much.

Ultimately this is great news, but if the cloud is used for minimal calculations such as water in 3-d then, well.. whoop-de-do!

Until the cloud is realised, in another words, showing how much of a difference it DOES make, i'm still on the fence.
delmariachi 47

Postby Derek Spence » 06 Jul 2013, 15:47

Never doubted Xbox one for a second
Derek Spence 5

Postby Hollg » 06 Jul 2013, 16:54

SilentDark wrote:
Windowlicker79 wrote:We really need more stories like this to get Xbox One back on track after a clumsy start.

Although that could lead to One titles being delayed so the PS4 gets them first and the Xbox crowd has to wait "Well if we get a product that takes advantage of the Cloud to give us a better product it's worth the wait." I hear you say and while that can possibly be true, publishers won't see it like that. Each title has a limited time when excitement is at it's highest, it soon dissipates and sales slow to a crawl, also if the PS4 version turns out to be a turkey the xbox one sales are likely to be affected via word of mouth, better for xbox one gamers it would see on all fronts but I personally see multiplatform games taking the path of least resistance in most cases. I can see Watch Dogs being the exception rather than the rule.

I've already ordered XBOX ONE, I'm sayin this so I don't get flamed as a Sony fan because I believe the story is a bit misleading.

The way I read the story, they are comparing XBOX ONE version (and other next gen) against the XBOX 360.

I'm not trying to dull people's excitement, and I believe eventually we will see games using cloud computing that won't even be possible on the PS4, Forza 5 and Titanfall are just scratching the surface

But I do think the article should have been clearer.
Hollg 29

Postby Pidgeman » 06 Jul 2013, 17:05

Why are people referring to 'the cloud'anyway?
This didn't even mention the cloud. I just says the extra power of X BOX One means they can put more detail into things like AI and water effects etc. I'm sure this means compared to current gen not compared to PS4.
Also let's not forget that 'the cloud' simply means 'the Web' or 't'internet'. It's not some new universe that Microsoft has discovered that only X box One is able to utilise.
I'm not trying to put a downer on X box One but really, some people read far too much into what is actually said.
Pidgeman 34

Postby Starskream » 06 Jul 2013, 18:38

Hollg wrote:I've already ordered XBOX ONE, I'm sayin this so I don't get flamed as a Sony fan because I believe the story is a bit misleading.

The way I read the story, they are comparing XBOX ONE version (and other next gen) against the XBOX 360.

I'm not trying to dull people's excitement, and I believe eventually we will see games using cloud computing that won't even be possible on the PS4, Forza 5 and Titanfall are just scratching the surface

This is what I assumed from what I read. It doesn't seem to be comparing the PS4 to the Xbox One it would just seem like they are talking of the differences to the previous generation consoles.
Starskream 41

Postby SilentDark » 06 Jul 2013, 21:23

Pidgeman wrote:Why are people referring to 'the cloud'anyway?
This didn't even mention the cloud. I just says the extra power of X BOX One means they can put more detail into things like AI and water effects etc. I'm sure this means compared to current gen not compared to PS4.
Also let's not forget that 'the cloud' simply means 'the Web' or 't'internet'. It's not some new universe that Microsoft has discovered that only X box One is able to utilise.
I'm not trying to put a downer on X box One but really, some people read far too much into what is actually said.

To be honest that was how I read the article myself, it's certainly too early to compare the One and PS4 versions (especially given they aren't finished yet :)), however does it really need to be said the the One version will be more detailed? The One is a more powerful piece of kit than the 360, that is kind of obvious.

But also the Cloud (and I hate that name so much) is the only real thing that separates the two machines, whether it has any impact on the ways games will end up working on the One is what I'm really interested to see.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64

Postby Hollg » 06 Jul 2013, 23:21

Also let's not forget that 'the cloud' simply means 'the Web' or 't'internet'.

There is a difference. The cloud is mentioned everywhere, but they are simply storage and download servers, this is what Sony have. Microsofts cloud servers are actual number crunching servers, they can do calculations that are not needed immediately for games. This means the console doesn't have to number crunch non-important information that will be needed further along in a game. Giving you more 'living' worlds, and releasing precious processing time on your console for more important things. When developers realise the potential they will create some amazing games. I wouldn't be surprised to hear eventually that Sony are creating their own cloud computing servers.

It's underestimated because most people think its just a simple storage and retrieve system. Sony are not fools, they can see what's coming and will have realised they have again been left behind technologically and are feverishly trying to play it down to everyone.
Hollg 29

Postby Windowlicker79 » 07 Jul 2013, 00:49

Starskream wrote:
Hollg wrote:I've already ordered XBOX ONE, I'm sayin this so I don't get flamed as a Sony fan because I believe the story is a bit misleading.

This is what I assumed from what I read. It doesn't seem to be comparing the PS4 to the Xbox One it would just seem like they are talking of the differences to the previous generation consoles.

The title of the story they lifted it from is "Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4". I think that pretty much says it all.
http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13270
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby Windowlicker79 » 07 Jul 2013, 00:53

SilentDark wrote:

To be honest that was how I read the article myself, it's certainly too early to compare the One and PS4 versions (especially given they aren't finished yet :)), however does it really need to be said the the One version will be more detailed? The One is a more powerful piece of kit than the 360, that is kind of obvious.

But also the Cloud (and I hate that name so much) is the only real thing that separates the two machines, whether it has any impact on the ways games will end up working on the One is what I'm really interested to see.

It is comparing it to the PS4. The title of the article its taken from is "Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4" http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13270
It also specifies that its the cloud processing technology that will make the difference.

EDIT: I should have posted this with my previous comment. Sorry about the double(ish) post.
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby ANITEHDOC » 07 Jul 2013, 01:20

But also the Cloud (and I hate that name so much) is the only real thing that separates the two machines, whether it has any impact on the ways games will end up working on the One is what I'm really interested to see.[/quote]
It is comparing it to the PS4. The title of the article its taken from is "Watch Dogs on Xbox One will have a more dynamic city compared to Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4" http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=13270
It also specifies that its the cloud processing technology that will make the difference.

EDIT: I should have posted this with my previous comment. Sorry about the double(ish) post.[/quote]

dominic guay specially said this in an interview with adam sessler at an interview at e3.."watch dogs doesnt use cloud"..and he didnt compare it xbox one to ps4...he said next gen has more power than current gen and so we will be able to push game much farther on next gen...in place of next gen he used xbox one....media misinterpreted it...
stop giving links to site that misinterpreted it...check interview yourself "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6UTbTn3EI"
ANITEHDOC 1

Postby Pidgeman » 07 Jul 2013, 01:26

Hollg wrote:

Also let's not forget that 'the cloud' simply means 'the Web' or 't'internet'.

There is a difference. The cloud is mentioned everywhere, but they are simply storage and download servers, this is what Sony have. Microsofts cloud servers are actual number crunching servers, they can do calculations that are not needed immediately for games. This means the console doesn't have to number crunch non-important information that will be needed further along in a game. Giving you more 'living' worlds, and releasing precious processing time on your console for more important things. When developers realise the potential they will create some amazing games. I wouldn't be surprised to hear eventually that Sony are creating their own cloud computing servers.

It's underestimated because most people think its just a simple storage and retrieve system. Sony are not fools, they can see what's coming and will have realised they have again been left behind technologically and are feverishly trying to play it down to everyone.

Exactly my point. This is not a some new invention that is exclusive to Microsoft. There is no reason why Sony and the PS4 can't utilise exactly the same thing. Whether they choose to or not is another thing entirely. I really think the 'power of the cloud' thing is being hyped way too much though. If they are really expecting it to be used to do all these calculations that free up the machine to do other things and effectively double/triple/whatever the power available, then what's going to happen if you're not connected? Is the game even going to run properly? I can't see publishers limiting who they can sell games to based on Internet connections, especially since the whole always online u-turn. I have been an Xbox devotee from the beginning but so far I'm on the fence for the next gen. I think Sony have got the right idea though putting the power in the machine instead of some hypothetical 'cloud' we may or may not be connected. Only time will tell I guess.
Pidgeman 34

Postby winter » 07 Jul 2013, 09:24

SilentDark wrote:

I don't believe it will take any longer for games to come out for the ONE. I also think lots of multiplatform games will be taking advantage of the cloud. Not all, but a lot. But as I said, I doubt it would take any longer for the game to be released. I bet games using it will be out the same time as other versions.
winter 17

Next