to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Co-founder of Bungie says Halo "would have been better" if m

Your comments on our articles.

"I would change a few things. I'd change the pistol"

Jason Jones is the co-founder of Bungie and was the project lead for the first two Halo games. He has remained largely out of the spotlight for the last eleven years, but it turns out he has some interesting things to say about the Xbox's most famous series.... read more

Co-founder of Bungie says Halo "would have been better" if m

Postby Maximus T » 07 Jul 2013, 22:17

The problem with thinking about this now is that it is far too easy to apply hindsight. We know how great it was then but now we can make it even better. But if the first ever Halo game is just due to be released this November, it would no doubt be graphically astonishing, but would it give quite the same impact as an Xbox ONE launch title amongst all of the other stuff as it did as an Xbox launch title? The first game defined the genre, so would the genre be different nowadays if Halo hadn't come along when it did? We cannot really say. What we can say for sure is that games will continue to get better and better, as is the basic principal behind gaming itself.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Re: Co-founder of Bungie says Halo "would have been better"

Postby Metalrodent » 07 Jul 2013, 22:29

had Halo come out now it would have been full of QTEs, have insta knife kills, none of the beautiful scenery and the plot would simply be that the covenant were working together with the Russians to bomb America
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby LinkToon1 » 07 Jul 2013, 23:34

Not to mention that if Halo was only just coming out this year, it's very possible that there wouldn't be an XboxOne or 360 at all.
LinkToon1 25

Postby Silence Sean » 08 Jul 2013, 08:50

It says something about Halo's consistency that I wasn't actually sure which game that screenie came from.

Also, you ended the just before where he says he would have done the same but just done it sooner in the devving process.
Silence Sean 22