to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One games for Japan: Microsoft promises "something for

Your comments on our articles.

Still "figuring out" how to apply broad entertainment strategy in Japan, however

Microsoft is determined not to repeat Xbox 360's lacklustre performance in Japan with Xbox One, but regional executives are conscious that the machine is better suited to North America and Europe as things stand, and must be carefully re-tailored for Japanese audiences.... read more

Postby T-meredith » 08 Jul 2013, 10:56

ITS THE LAND OF THE RISING ONE! terrible i know...
Last edited by T-meredith on 08 Jul 2013, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
T-meredith 17

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 10:57

As they announced region locking is gone I take it this mean we'll be able to play the games aimed at the Japan market, should be a nice change
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Xbox One games for Japan: Microsoft promises "something

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jul 2013, 11:17

Metalrodent wrote:As they announced region locking is gone I take it this mean we'll be able to play the games aimed at the Japan market, should be a nice change

How fluent is your Japanese? Mine's a bit basic to be playing games, and I've no idea when it comes to reading subtitles. Maybe yours is better after years of Anime?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 11:24

CunningSmile wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:As they announced region locking is gone I take it this mean we'll be able to play the games aimed at the Japan market, should be a nice change

How fluent is your Japanese? Mine's a bit basic to be playing games, and I've no idea when it comes to reading subtitles. Maybe yours is better after years of Anime?

No knowledge at all :lol: It'll be an adventure
Metalrodent 71

Postby ElCritique » 08 Jul 2013, 11:28

Crossing my fingers that Microsoft Studios Osaka is far along enough that we'll get to see a game preview from them.

Anyways, I hope we're lucky enough to see a game from MSO, and maybe we'll see more of D4. If Microsoft announced another studio based in Japan, I would truly be surprised.
ElCritique 35

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jul 2013, 11:36

Metalrodent wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:How fluent is your Japanese? Mine's a bit basic to be playing games, and I've no idea when it comes to reading subtitles. Maybe yours is better after years of Anime?

No knowledge at all :lol: It'll be an adventure

I can order a round of drinks, navigate a sushi menu without looking at the footnotes and count to 10. I don't think that's going to be quite enough to get me through 140 hours of a JRPG. I admire your optimism though :lol:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 08 Jul 2013, 11:56

CunningSmile wrote:I can order a round of drinks, navigate a sushi menu without looking at the footnotes and count to 10. I don't think that's going to be quite enough to get me through 140 hours of a JRPG. I admire your optimism though :lol:

I hav Enuf diFicLtE understanding much of d alleged eng on dEz forums 2 evN considR Japanese VDO games!
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 47

Postby lostinpost » 08 Jul 2013, 14:54

Just add the words "SUPER HAPPY FUN" to the front of every game title, and change all the game characters into over-developed teenage school girls. I'm looking forward to SUPER HAPPY FUN MODERN WARFARE 4.
lostinpost 23

Postby Harvey12 » 08 Jul 2013, 14:59

This is what does my head in. Each country has different content yet us in Europe are paying for American services e.g. NFL etc. Why are we given this crap when the majority of us dont use it. I wish each content was country specific
Harvey12 7

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 15:04

lostinpost wrote:Just add the words "SUPER HAPPY FUN" to the front of every game title, and change all the game characters into over-developed teenage school girls. I'm looking forward to SUPER HAPPY FUN MODERN WARFARE 4.

Metalrodent 71

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Jul 2013, 15:31

Metalrodent wrote:
lostinpost wrote:Just add the words "SUPER HAPPY FUN" to the front of every game title, and change all the game characters into over-developed teenage school girls. I'm looking forward to SUPER HAPPY FUN MODERN WARFARE 4.

Add in some tentacles and that would fly off the shelves. Add in some small, pocket sized monsters and it would sell billions.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby SilentDark » 08 Jul 2013, 15:40

Have a tie in anime numbering a billion episodes with every attacking taking half a season to complete while characters exposit in the background about the nature of the attack and the technique the character is using.

Also have the dog turn into a plane/car/giant robot/giant robot car plane ninja zombie pirate.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby wotsahotspotnot » 08 Jul 2013, 19:26

Lol. Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Incidentally, when did we Brits, who at one time were more biased by Japan than anyone (we even got the Japanese version of the SNES rather than the US 'purple breeze block') change to prefering anything BUT Japanese?
Jesus Saves...Before every boss battle.
wotsahotspotnot 35

Postby SilentDark » 08 Jul 2013, 22:48

wotsahotspotnot wrote:

Lol. Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Incidentally, when did we Brits, who at one time were more biased by Japan than anyone (we even got the Japanese version of the SNES rather than the US 'purple breeze block') change to prefering anything BUT Japanese?

Probably around the time our PM started sleeping with the American President :lol:
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby Artem Tsarionov » 08 Jul 2013, 23:35

Hentai game with kinect + fortaleza + illumiroom
Artem Tsarionov 7