Call of Duty: Ghosts will get "a co-op mode of a sort", but

Your comments on our articles.

"We're not announcing it yet and I've no clue when/if we will."

A while back, some passably plausible Youtube Person alleged that Call of Duty: Ghosts would ship without fan favourite Spec Ops mode, introduced by Modern Warfare 2. Infinity Ward's community coordinator Candice Capen has now tackled the rumour - and not quite laid it to rest.... read more

Call of Duty: Ghosts will get "a co-op mode of a sort", but

Postby Chloe Camp » 08 Jul 2013, 11:36

From what I've seen so far of this game it still looks the same as modern warfare all they have done is change the characters and changed the maps along other small details ! But its still the same sh** again and again !! This is still a modern Warfare game just with completely new people apart from that its the same game = sh** , boring, full of glitches , campers , 12 year old kids I was a huge cod fan but since after mw2 it's been going downhill fast call of duty is a dying game its had its peak all I'm gonna say is battlefield take my money at least battlefield is not full of little kids and you can't camp if you do your just get blown up by the building exploding or falling down goodbye cod your days of top fps are coming to a end shortly !! Yes cod is a fast paced shooter unlike battlefield which is a slow paces game but cod is for kids !!! Play a proper war game battlefield is a real war game I don't think in real life you get care packages and people camping in a corner or buildings that can't get damaged have fun with yet another sh** cod game ( cod fanboys. )

<Edited for language>
Chloe Camp 16

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts will get "a co-op mode of a sort",

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jul 2013, 11:52

Please mind the language, as CoD isn't the only thing online that attracts 12 year olds. We all swear occassionally but your post had a few too many.

Agree with your point though.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 12:01

Love how console people always go down to 'hurr Battlefield beats CoD' (or the other way round) whereas PC gamers just shrug and say 'meh, Arma II'

Speaking of which a proper Arma II style game for consoles would greatly please me, arcady shooting is all very well, but sometimes I like to indulge myself in some tactics and slow tense combat.

OF Dragon Rising was a valid attempt I thought, but had some serious flaws (Ironically it's sequel fixed those flaws but changed the gameplay maing it pointless anyway)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 12:10

According to executive producer Mark Rubin, remaking Modern Warfare 4 "would have been the safe thing to do".

How can they remake something that doesn't exist? :lol:
Metalrodent 72

Postby OXM ETboy » 08 Jul 2013, 12:17

Metalrodent wrote:
According to executive producer Mark Rubin, remaking Modern Warfare 4 "would have been the safe thing to do".

How can they remake something that doesn't exist? :lol:

Blurgh, edited.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Jul 2013, 12:40

CunningSmile wrote:Please mind the language, as CoD isn't the only thing online that attracts 12 year olds. We all swear occassionally but your post had a few too many.

You've gone mad with power!
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jul 2013, 13:07

FishyGinger wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:Please mind the language, as CoD isn't the only thing online that attracts 12 year olds. We all swear occassionally but your post had a few too many.

You've gone mad with power!

I admit it, the ability to replace swear words with little astericks has started to corrupt me :lol:
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby lostinpost » 08 Jul 2013, 13:15

Call of Duty: Ghosts will get a CO-OP mode.... or a Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, or Morrisons mode, depending on your geographical location and browser history ;-)
lostinpost 23

Postby CunningSmile » 08 Jul 2013, 13:44

lostinpost wrote:Call of Duty: Ghosts will get a CO-OP mode.... or a Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, or Morrisons mode, depending on your geographical location and browser history ;-)

Dude, I'm tempted to ban you just for that joke :wink:
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 14:26

CunningSmile wrote:
lostinpost wrote:Call of Duty: Ghosts will get a CO-OP mode.... or a Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, or Morrisons mode, depending on your geographical location and browser history ;-)

Dude, I'm tempted to ban you just for that joke :wink:

such casual jokes about banning, the power really has gone to your head :wink:
Metalrodent 72

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Jul 2013, 14:41

Metalrodent wrote:such casual jokes about banning, the power really has gone to your head :wink:

Don't worry rodent, I'll be starting an underground resistance soon aiming to overthrow zealous leaders and replace them with those that know how to manage great power with responsibility. It's called the Spiderman Initiative. Don't tell anyone though.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby SilentDark » 08 Jul 2013, 15:50

FishyGinger wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:such casual jokes about banning, the power really has gone to your head :wink:

Don't worry rodent, I'll be starting an underground resistance soon aiming to overthrow zealous leaders and replace them with those that know how to manage great power with responsibility. It's called the Spiderman Initiative. Don't tell anyone though.

You'll know if it gets really bad if one day he starts laughing maniacally and says "Nothing in the world can stop me now!"
"That is what forgiveness sounds like. Screaming and then silence."
SilentDark 67

Postby vadersmyfather » 08 Jul 2013, 15:54

SilentDark wrote:You'll know if it gets really bad if one day he starts laughing maniacally and says "Nothing in the world can stop me now!"

Love a bit of Starship.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
vadersmyfather 50

Postby mackered » 08 Jul 2013, 20:31

I've just had a heads up on this. It will be a special map where one of you gets to play the dog and the other the handler. You will be timed around a course that includes a tunnel, a slide and some sticks that you weave about in. The opposite team can throw in biscuits and the odd rabbit to try to distract you and if you bite any underage gamers you get shot
Just remember, when someone says "the individual must be sacrificed for the greater good" they are never the one making the sacrifice.
mackered 59

Postby wotsahotspotnot » 08 Jul 2013, 23:46

God I hate the FPS multiplayer crowd. I do. They don't even try the campaigns, they just switch straight to multiplayer and start running round like the Keystone Cops.

In fact, it's true to say I've abandoned multiplayer altogether because I simply can't stand 12 year olds who have safety in anonymity. They're unbearable.

Why isn't there a button that I can press that exempts me from any game space being inhabited by anyone under the age of 30? I don't think you need a whole new, clever reputation system, just have tick-boxes where you can decide which age-group you wanna game with.
Jesus Saves...Before every boss battle.
wotsahotspotnot 35

Next