to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

DARK Xbox 360

Your comments on our articles.

Free blood transfusions on the national stealth service

Why is vampiric stealther DARK in capitals? Nobody knows. It doesn't stand for Dracula's A Restrained Killer, even though that would be the most appropriate subtitle in the world. Apart from one fact: in this world, the killer's name is Eric Bane. Eric has awoken, footloose and memory-free, in a purple nightclub with cage dancers and blood cocktails. Only half-converted, Eric is dazzled by headaches, hallucinating angels, and if he doesn't drink the blood of his maker, he'll degrade into a mindless ghoul.... read more

DARK Xbox 360

Postby Plamsa wing » 08 Jul 2013, 18:10

For what it's worth, DARK intrigues me somewhat. It feels like one of those games with some great ideas, but with a poor payoff. Saying that, don't think I could pay £25-30 for it. Will most likely pick it up when it's going cheap though.
"Hey! Don't lob factual statements at me as if they're insults!"
Plamsa wing 54

Re: DARK Xbox 360

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Jul 2013, 20:23

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Weasal » 08 Jul 2013, 20:27

Metalrodent wrote:http://www.oxm.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=35546

what the hell is up with his neck?

The gun is blocking some of it
Why can't xbox, ps and wii all get along?
Weasal 28

Postby SidTheSloth » 08 Jul 2013, 20:46

OXM wrote:Free blood transfusions on the national stealth service

Ha! How did i know this was a Log review from just that one line? Quality, and a really good review imo too, i can almost taste the desperate desire for the game to be better than it is....!

Such a shame, mediocre scores probably means crap sales or the perennial "i'll get it when cheap" (which why not if it's only a bit above average?), probably means they won't make another etc and thus continues the circle of shite, sorry, life.
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby FishyGinger » 09 Jul 2013, 08:51

SidTheSloth wrote:
Ha! How did i know this was a Log review from just that one line? Quality, and a really good review imo too, i can almost taste the desperate desire for the game to be better than it is....!

Such a shame, mediocre scores probably means crap sales or the perennial "i'll get it when cheap" (which why not if it's only a bit above average?), probably means they won't make another etc and thus continues the circle of shite, sorry, life.

You need to give up those philosophy classes.

You'd have thunk having a vampire as a player character would automatically make a game better. Oh well.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 09 Jul 2013, 12:36

And I was so hoping this would be my long awaited console answer to Vampire The Masquerade. Why did you go bust Troika? :(

EDIT: More depressingly this seems to be one of the more favorable reviews
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 09 Jul 2013, 12:41

My thoughts exactly.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby Drainwater » 10 Jul 2013, 00:13

CunningSmile wrote:And I was so hoping this would be my long awaited console answer to Vampire The Masquerade. Why did you go bust Troika? :(

We'll never be that lucky. Still, looking at the little bit of gameplay I've seen, it's almost like they'd played Bloodlines themselves but didn't quite know how to recreate it or something.
Drainwater 34

Postby theatticusera » 13 Jul 2013, 18:43

I couldn't finish the first level of this game it was that bad. Its repetitive game play bored me after around an hour. The difficulty comes from putting you in a room with 20 guards (not an exaggeration) and telling you to get to the other end of it
theatticusera 30