to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft to unveil next generation of Xbox Live Rewards on

Your comments on our articles.

No more Microsoft Point payouts from 1st August

Microsoft will bench the Xbox Live Rewards scheme in August while it completes Xbox Live's transition from Microsoft Points to real-world money, according to an email picked up by Stevivor.... read more

Microsoft to unveil next generation of Xbox Live Rewards on

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jul 2013, 11:01

Nice to know they aren't taking the chance to scrap the Rewards since I've had about 3,000 points back so far. The recent addition of cash back on purchases depending on your gamerscore was particularly nice.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Microsoft to unveil next generation of Xbox Live Rewards

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Jul 2013, 11:08

3000? I've earned about 100. But then I forget to do stuff and things.
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby ItchyRash » 11 Jul 2013, 11:18

Think i've made about 800 points in a year. This is helped in part by the cash back reward for all the marketplace content i've purchased in various sales. Can't complain at 800 free points for doing not much at all. The rewards programme has been great so far. There's certainly improvements that could be made but coupled with the free games for Gold subscribers I'm looking forward to what they come back with
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Jul 2013, 12:37

FishyGinger wrote:3000? I've earned about 100. But then I forget to do stuff and things.

I've been a member since it launched. All those 20 points a month for surveys add up. Throw in 200 points a year for renewing Gold and it soon adds up. And as I said now they're giving me cash back on XBL purchases, and the increased quality in XBLA games, it's really started to climb.
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby DHUK » 11 Jul 2013, 20:00

I hope they don't strip me of my 2% rebate
DHUK 36

Postby Bugsquat » 12 Jul 2013, 15:40

I joined the Rewards programme last September, and my birthday's in August. That means that I'll have to wait another year to find out what my 'special gift during my birthday month' will be. :(
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 30

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Jul 2013, 15:44

Bugsquat wrote:I joined the Rewards programme last September, and my birthday's in August. That means that I'll have to wait another year to find out what my 'special gift during my birthday month' will be. :(

I got 20 extra points, so you didn't miss much. Last year it was an avatar Tshirt
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator