Ubisoft: Watch Dogs is designed to be always-online, but thi

Your comments on our articles.

"Seamless connectivity is another key pillar of the Disrupt engine."

You won't experience hack-tastic open world Watch Dogs at its best unless you're online, Ubisoft has explained in a blog post, but you'll be able to enjoy it offline regardless.... read more

Ubisoft: Watch Dogs is designed to be always-online, but thi

Postby Pal Gill » 11 Jul 2013, 11:06

So its basically going to be prettier on the Xbox One????? :?
Pal Gill 38

Re: Ubisoft: Watch Dogs is designed to be always-online, but

Postby Chameleon » 11 Jul 2013, 13:25

Pal Gill wrote:So its basically going to be prettier on the Xbox One????? :?

Isn't that what the internet wanted out of the Xbox One - exactly the same but with betta grafix? That's what I got from the cries that resulted in the 180 and MS taking everything innovative out of the new console... :wink:
Chameleon 44

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Jul 2013, 13:36

Online is such a dirty, filthy word. How dare they. I demand it be better offline.
Spider-Baby. Its got the body of a spider and the mind of a baby.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Pal Gill » 11 Jul 2013, 16:44

Chameleon wrote:
Pal Gill wrote:So its basically going to be prettier on the Xbox One????? :?

Isn't that what the internet wanted out of the Xbox One - exactly the same but with betta grafix? That's what I got from the cries that resulted in the 180 and MS taking everything innovative out of the new console... :wink:

HEAR HEAR!!! Those internet trolls are probably PS lovers who decided that they had better do something quick to stop the xbox one becoming the number 1 games cosole!! :evil:
Pal Gill 38

Postby PonderingWalrus » 11 Jul 2013, 20:04

Pal Gill wrote:
Chameleon wrote:Isn't that what the internet wanted out of the Xbox One - exactly the same but with betta grafix? That's what I got from the cries that resulted in the 180 and MS taking everything innovative out of the new console... :wink:

HEAR HEAR!!! Those internet trolls are probably PS lovers who decided that they had better do something quick to stop the xbox one becoming the number 1 games cosole!! :evil:

You're both delusional, Microsoft did a 180 on their policies because there was a massive outcry from a very large portion of their potential customers.

I'm not going to get into a debate about this because it has already been done to death but I will say that just because Microsoft were originally intending to do something wildly different, it does not instantly make it better than the way they currently do things. Even with the revised policies, the Xbox One still brings a lot of new stuff to the table.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Chameleon » 12 Jul 2013, 07:50

PonderingWalrus wrote:Microsoft did a 180 on their policies because there was a massive outcry from a very large portion of their potential customers, who didn't understand what MS was trying to do.

Fixed that for ya. :wink:
Seriously though, yes, I was being just a tad sarcastic. And yes, it was all MS's fault that the internet/potential customers didn't know what MS was trying to do.
But a lot of the innovation has been ripped out of the One with the reversal and, for the most part, we're now left with more RAM, a better processor, included Kinect, and a HDMI-in port. Not a bad deal by any stretch of the imagination, but not what was originally intended, and made worse by the 180, IMHO.
Chameleon 44

Postby PonderingWalrus » 12 Jul 2013, 09:08

Chameleon wrote:
PonderingWalrus wrote:Microsoft did a 180 on their policies because there was a massive outcry from a very large portion of their potential customers, who didn't understand what MS was trying to do.

Fixed that for ya. :wink:
Seriously though, yes, I was being just a tad sarcastic. And yes, it was all MS's fault that the internet/potential customers didn't know what MS was trying to do.
But a lot of the innovation has been ripped out of the One with the reversal and, for the most part, we're now left with more RAM, a better processor, included Kinect, and a HDMI-in port. Not a bad deal by any stretch of the imagination, but not what was originally intended, and made worse by the 180, IMHO.

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, my comment was more directed towards that Pal Gill guy to be honest. I really couldn't tell if he was being all jokey as well and was under the impression he was being serious. My response was probably a tad harsh and I may have taken the both of you too seriously but I just get sick of some of the unintelligible arguments that some people actually make (in complete seriousness) in this debate.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42