to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Petition to restore Xbox One digital features nears 20,000 s

Your comments on our articles.

Four per cent of site visitors look at it, apparently

That petition from earlier in the week, which called on Microsoft to "give us back the Xbox One we were promised at E3"? It's currently the most visited petition on Change.org, according to a rep contacted by Gamespot, and is approaching the 20,000 signatories mark.... read more

Petition to restore Xbox One digital features nears 20,000 s

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Jul 2013, 14:35

I've signed it but I'm not hopeful. As has been pointed out on other threads MS can't change their mind again without looking stupid and so I think the best we can hope for is features being added back in gradually, possible by way of a two teir Gold membership allowing you to opt in to the online features if you want.

Does go to show though the dangers of making corporate decisions based on internet response. For every person screaming from the roof tops that something sucks there's probably another saying nothing because they're perfectly happy.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Re: Petition to restore Xbox One digital features nears 20,0

Postby delpoi » 12 Jul 2013, 14:42

CunningSmile wrote:I've signed it but I'm not hopeful. As has been pointed out on other threads MS can't change their mind again without looking stupid and so I think the best we can hope for is features being added back in gradually, possible by way of a two teir Gold membership allowing you to opt in to the online features if you want.

Does go to show though the dangers of making corporate decisions based on internet response. For every person screaming from the roof tops that something sucks there's probably another saying nothing because they're perfectly happy.

I think the opt in opt out system should be there its when people thought their choices were being taken away they spat their dummies out, I've signed it cause personally when they announced the way they was taking it in terms of policies and features I was excited am lucky to be connected 24/7 I can see how other people with internet felt alienated even though they could get online to complain lol
delpoi 38

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 12 Jul 2013, 14:45

CunningSmile wrote:I've signed it but I'm not hopeful. As has been pointed out on other threads MS can't change their mind again without looking stupid and so I think the best we can hope for is features being added back in gradually, possible by way of a two teir Gold membership allowing you to opt in to the online features if you want.

I see no problem with the existence of such a poll, but the only way to see a more representative view of peoples feelings would be for there to be a poll that asked Microsoft to keep things as they are now. I cannot say which poll would win out, but I would say that 20,000 odd votes is not that many out of the 46,000,000+ X-Box live users that could potentially have voice. So before people jump and down saying just look at how many people support our poll (and I'm not suggesting that you are Cunning), it needs to be recognised that there is no poll for those that support the changes.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby herdz » 12 Jul 2013, 14:53

I think xbox should of emailed every asking the there view!! I noticed a lot of people that was putting up bad comments where
Pc fanboy sony fanboy or people moning for the sake of moning! I for one was looking forward to the changes but I wasn't to sure about no pre owned games as I have a wife and kid times are hard cant afford a new game a lot at the moment!! But I am looking forward to xbox one :)
herdz 30

Postby Pidgeman » 12 Jul 2013, 15:01

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, poor deluded motherfu.....
( Facepalm) :-0
Pidgeman 29

Postby overlord117 » 12 Jul 2013, 15:10

I singed the petition too I liked ever feature shown but I still think the 24hr sing in process(once an hour on other peoples console) was a bad idea an the advertised it so badly.''If you want an offline console get the xbox 360'' said don mattarick bad move.
overlord117 4

Postby Pidgeman » 12 Jul 2013, 15:16

overlord117 wrote:I singed the petition too I liked ever feature shown but I still think the 24hr sing in process(once an hour on other peoples console) was a bad idea an the advertised it so badly.''If you want an offline console get the xbox 360'' said don mattarick bad move.

How do the lyrics to it go?
Pidgeman 29

Postby Pidgeman » 12 Jul 2013, 15:25

Fact is Microsoft were going to bake us all a great big sh** cake with a tiny glazed cherry on the top (the cherry being the family share option). A lot of people looked at the cherry and thought "ooh yummy", believing that the sh** was actually chocolate like Microsoft wanted us to believe. Well guess what, Microsoft had no intention of letting you get that cherry until you'd scoffed down the whole f**king sh** cake people. Luckily most of us could still smell the sh**, even through our screens.
Pidgeman 29

Postby herdz » 12 Jul 2013, 15:29

Lol :lol: :lol:
herdz 30

Postby Metalrodent » 12 Jul 2013, 15:33

I mentioned this on facebook, I got 2 responses:
Bloody idiots.

I would sign it cause I want xbox to lose.

:roll:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby MILLZY117 » 12 Jul 2013, 15:33

Microsoft could easily cater for everyone by releasing two packages. Package 1 is the original console we were promised with mandatory online connection every 24hrs, mandatory Kinect etc. Package 2 could be what we have today minus Kinect and at a price that is competitive with the PS4. I personally loved the original policies and I play Kinect now and then but I certainly don't think it should be mandatory. If the DRM can be dropped I'm pretty sure Kinect can in order to lower costs.
MILLZY117 9

Postby CunningSmile » 12 Jul 2013, 15:36

Pidgeman wrote:Fact is Microsoft were going to bake us all a great big sh** cake with a tiny glazed cherry on the top (the cherry being the family share option). A lot of people looked at the cherry and thought "ooh yummy", believing that the sh** was actually chocolate like Microsoft wanted us to believe. Well guess what, Microsoft had no intention of letting you get that cherry until you'd scoffed down the whole f**king sh** cake people. Luckily most of us could still smell the sh**, even through our screens.

You may not agree but to use your rather crude analogy a lot of us it was more a case of a cherry cake with a little piece of sh** on, that being the 24 hour log on, and even that was cherry flavour sh** because some of us had no problem at all.

Also try to avoid swearing every other word. It's a sign of a poor vocabulary and we are are a public site that minors can access. Once in a while is fine but just tone it down.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby vadersmyfather » 12 Jul 2013, 15:39

Metalrodent wrote:I mentioned this on facebook, I got 2 responses:
Bloody idiots.

I would sign it cause I want xbox to lose.

:roll:

Those were quite restrained actually. :wink:
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid it dseno't mttaer the oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rhgit pclae.
vadersmyfather 46

Postby Chameleon » 12 Jul 2013, 15:40

Pidgeman wrote:Fact is Microsoft were going to bake us all a great big sh** cake with a tiny glazed cherry on the top (the cherry being the family share option). A lot of people looked at the cherry and thought "ooh yummy", believing that the sh** was actually chocolate like Microsoft wanted us to believe. Well guess what, Microsoft had no intention of letting you get that cherry until you'd scoffed down the whole f**king sh** cake people. Luckily most of us could still smell the sh**, even through our screens.

I'm getting the impression that you didn't like MS's idea of the future. Can't quite put my finger on it...

Some of us don't share your disdain, and instead thought that some of the innovation was - wait for it - innovative.
We never found out what the details were, and neither did you, so kindly stop shouting out like you know exactly what MS had planned.

MILLZY117 wrote:Microsoft could easily cater for everyone by releasing two packages. Package 1 is the original console we were promised with mandatory online connection every 24hrs, mandatory Kinect etc. Package 2 could be what we have today minus Kinect and at a price that is competitive with the PS4. I personally loved the original policies and I play Kinect now and then but I certainly don't think it should be mandatory. If the DRM can be dropped I'm pretty sure Kinect can in order to lower costs.

They couldn't do that, actually. If you're going to allow discless play, you need to be certain that no-one else is using the disc to play offline at the same time. The only way to allow both sides of the coin is for it to apply to downloaded titles only, which I expect to be introduced in a year or so. And the Kinect is now part of the system - the reason for doing that is so devs know that they can rely on it being on every machine, and plan for it accordingly.
Chameleon 44

Postby Pidgeman » 12 Jul 2013, 15:48

CunningSmile wrote:

You may not agree but to use your rather crude analogy a lot of us it was more a case of a cherry cake with a little piece of sh** on, that being the 24 hour log on, and even that was cherry flavour sh** because some of us had no problem at all.

Also try to avoid swearing every other word. It's a sign of a poor vocabulary and we are are a public site that minors can access. Once in a while is fine but just tone it down.

Sorry for using the F word but it was used for dramatic/comedic effect. I don't really think of 'sh..' as a swear word anyway but I don't think the analogy would have worked if I'd said mud or something else.
Even if the sh.. did taste like cherry it will still make you sick if you eat it.
Pidgeman 29

Next