to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay approved for release in Australia

Your comments on our articles.

Modified version given R18+ rating

Good news if you're an Aussie zombie hunter - Undead Labs today announced that a modified version of State of Decay has finally been approved for release by the Australian Classification Board.... read more

State of Decay approved for release in Australia

Postby LFC Bywater » 13 Jul 2013, 15:23

I'd like them to give it online co-op. Might consider going back to it then.
LFC Bywater 2

Re: State of Decay approved for release in Australia

Postby Maximus T » 13 Jul 2013, 17:44

What was the Aussie's problem with this? Any details on the changes?
Just curious... :D
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 67

Postby Squigglosaur » 14 Jul 2013, 04:40

Maximus T wrote:What was the Aussie's problem with this? Any details on the changes?
Just curious... :D

Our classification board has a bizarre issue with drugs being referred to by real names. Fun fact, Fallout 3 was initially refused classification simply because it included a painkiller called 'morphine'. Hence, "med-x" was born for all versions of the game.
Squigglosaur 12

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Jul 2013, 09:25

That's interesting. I knew Oz had some pretty tough licensing for games but didn't realise it was quite that strict.

And hello to the other side of the world. Are you reading this upside down? :wink:
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby Squigglosaur » 14 Jul 2013, 12:32

CunningSmile wrote:That's interesting. I knew Oz had some pretty tough licensing for games but didn't realise it was quite that strict.

And hello to the other side of the world. Are you reading this upside down? :wink:

Their decisions are quite bizarre, sex and violence for the most part don't seem to bother them, but anything drug related or overly adolescent, hence Saints Row's ban, seem to be too 'dangerous' for the vulnerable public; even for 18+ year olds, which was only very recently added to the classification scheme. And don't be absurd, I've bolted the computer to the roof and am in my special southern hemisphere harness so I can read comfortably without fear of falling off the world.
Squigglosaur 12

Postby CunningSmile » 14 Jul 2013, 12:34

Squigglosaur wrote:
CunningSmile wrote:That's interesting. I knew Oz had some pretty tough licensing for games but didn't realise it was quite that strict.

Their decisions are quite bizarre, sex and violence for the most part don't seem to bother them, but anything drug related or overly adolescent, hence Saints Row's ban, seem to be too 'dangerous' for the vulnerable public; even for 18+ year olds, which was only very recently added to the classification scheme. And don't be absurd, I've bolted the computer to the roof and am in my special southern hemisphere harness so I can read comfortably without fear of falling off the world.

:lol:
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator