to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Rumour: Xbox One dev explains always-on Kinect, Family Shari

Your comments on our articles.

Shipping the console without Kinect "would undermine our guarantee to game developers"

There are still many questions about the Xbox One, thanks to what Microsoft itself has described as troubled messaging. Seeking to allay a few fears, an alleged Xbox One developer has hosted An Ask Me (Almost) Anything session on Reddit. There's every chance this could be bogus, obviously, but moderators do appear to have confirmed the source's credentials (as you can tell from his/her custom Reddit flair).... read more

Rumour: Xbox One dev explains always-on Kinect, Family Shari

Postby Filipus » 14 Jul 2013, 19:27

Anyone with a brain would already understood all this points. People complain before thinking.
Filipus 25

Re: Rumour: Xbox One dev explains always-on Kinect, Family S

Postby Droidsbane » 14 Jul 2013, 19:41

so they shoehorned it in to try to justify to devs why they should waste resources developing features for it, motions controls are a gimmick, and not one I want to pay half of the console for
Droidsbane 33

Postby Insaneyokel » 14 Jul 2013, 19:44

I dunno it could be fun giving someone the finger when playing COD :lol:
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Jul 2013, 19:47

Insaneyokel wrote:I dunno it could be fun giving someone the finger when playing COD :lol:

shouting "Noob!" at the kinect automatically rage quits the game for you, downrates them and sends them an insulting message
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Insaneyokel » 14 Jul 2013, 19:47

Ooooo there is so much fun to be had
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Insaneyokel » 14 Jul 2013, 19:48

The moment someone makes a sexist remark MS sends a crack squad of feministas over to kick your butt :lol:
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Jul 2013, 19:54

Metalrodent 71

Postby SilentDark » 14 Jul 2013, 20:14

Insaneyokel wrote:The moment someone makes a sexist remark MS sends a crack squad of feministas over to kick your butt :lol:

Hmm I wonder what would happen if it was a woman making the sexist remark? What exactly is the distaff counterpart of a feminist anyway?

Sorry I'm overthinking this comment way too much. Carry on. :lol:
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 65

Postby Insaneyokel » 14 Jul 2013, 20:19

Yeah over thinking, but it's got me thinking and I'm stumped, from a personal point of view I have never said anything degrading about men online unless I was provoked. I suppose a group of men who shackle a female offender to a sink so she learns her place :lol: :lol:
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Christopher Dack » 14 Jul 2013, 20:45

SilentDark wrote:
Insaneyokel wrote:The moment someone makes a sexist remark MS sends a crack squad of feministas over to kick your butt :lol:

What if your into that kinda stuff ? :) . I still think a powerfull , fast , simple console with great games is what will sell most .
Christopher Dack 25

Postby Plamsa wing » 14 Jul 2013, 21:11

Insaneyokel wrote:Yeah over thinking, but it's got me thinking and I'm stumped, from a personal point of view I have never said anything degrading about men online unless I was provoked. I suppose a group of men who shackle a female offender to a sink so she learns her place :lol: :lol:

Why not the oven? They'll be more useful that way. :P
I've bitten off more than I can choux.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby Metalrodent » 14 Jul 2013, 21:12

Plamsa wing wrote:
Insaneyokel wrote:Yeah over thinking, but it's got me thinking and I'm stumped, from a personal point of view I have never said anything degrading about men online unless I was provoked. I suppose a group of men who shackle a female offender to a sink so she learns her place :lol: :lol:

Why not the oven? They'll be more useful that way. :P

ah but what about the fridge, that's where the ingredients for sandwiches are
Metalrodent 71

Postby Plamsa wing » 14 Jul 2013, 21:16

Metalrodent wrote:Ah but what about the fridge, that's where the ingredients for sandwiches are.

Oh you'd give them a bit of length. :wink:
I've bitten off more than I can choux.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby Jigster1 » 14 Jul 2013, 22:19

Essentially they'll be sending a "Charlies Angels" team at them but in this case are named "Microsoft Angels" or "MS Angels" "Ballmers Angels" "Greens Angels" :lol:
Jigster1 46

Postby J288gto » 14 Jul 2013, 22:42

What if we don't want Kinect at all MS, when will you understand that? I want the X1 without silly sensors. When I sit down to play games I want to vegetate for a few hours and use a controller. Waving my arms and calling out commands does not interest me. If I wanted to do that I would go outside and play a sport or join the army! I am 30 and could not be arsed waving my arms at the TV as I would feel like a right plonka... :|

Surely devs would like to make games the way they want to and not have to incorporate gimmicky MS pleasing features into their games (like BF is going to do). I mean some games are built for Kinect and some are just not meant to have it. I don't want to be forced into using it and I don't want devs wasting time and resources developing for it when they could do other things (like test games, add new features innovate etc).

Maybe Kinect is good for kids but how long do kids stay interested in something. They move on pretty quick to other things. Illumniroom would have been a better use of the development money imo. They could have released a Kinect console with a smaller HD (just for COD right?) and one without Kinect and a bigger HD.
J288gto 32

Next