Dead Rising 3 producer on Xbox One: "we've never seen anythi

Your comments on our articles.

Also praises "natural, engaging" Kinect experience

Having either a sledgehammer or a skill saw to hand during a zombie apocalypse is a win. But you know you have a badass on your hands when someone makes the bold decision to stick the two together to craft an inelegant weapon for a more uncivilised age. The sledgesaw.... read more

Dead Rising 3 producer on Xbox One: "we've never seen anythi

Postby Dave2123 » 15 Jul 2013, 19:26

This is exactly the way in which I want Kinect and SmartGlass to be used. Most people don't want Kinect because of the way it's been used this gen; gimmicky games and over-the-top movements. People will be much more likely to use it if it's subtle and doesn't change the way we play games too much, like what's been described here. A small push with the controller, not a massive wave of the arms. Developers need to be very careful with how they use it and try and introduce it slowly, one step at a time. I, also, like how this game doesn't just use Kinect, but SmartGlass, too. I didn't think I would buy this game, but I really commend them on how their integrating Microsoft's new features (and not going all out crazy with them) and will probably pick it up when the price drops.
Dave2123 29

Re: Dead Rising 3 producer on Xbox One: "we've never seen an

Postby GHOSTY05 » 15 Jul 2013, 20:23

Day one purchase for me!

£44.99- bargain!!
GHOSTY05 44

Re: Dead Rising 3 producer on Xbox One: "we've never seen an

Postby ChaoticP » 15 Jul 2013, 22:44

Dave2123 wrote:This is exactly the way in which I want Kinect and SmartGlass to be used. Most people don't want Kinect because of the way it's been used this gen; gimmicky games and over-the-top movements. People will be much more likely to use it if it's subtle and doesn't change the way we play games too much, like what's been described here. A small push with the controller, not a massive wave of the arms. Developers need to be very careful with how they use it and try and introduce it slowly, one step at a time. I, also, like how this game doesn't just use Kinect, but SmartGlass, too. I didn't think I would buy this game, but I really commend them on how their integrating Microsoft's new features (and not going all out crazy with them) and will probably pick it up when the price drops.

I agree, a rule all developers should follow is just keep it natural, but not demanding.
ChaoticP 52