to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dishonored DLC: Bethesda releases first Brigmore Witches art

Your comments on our articles.

Daud's journey to conclude shortly

Bethesda's about to drop another boatload of Dishonored DLC on us, chaps and chappettes - the Brigmore Witches expansion, to be precise, of which you can expect more news tomorrow. Why not dribble over these haunting artworks, while you wait?... read more

Dishonored DLC: Bethesda releases first Brigmore Witches art

Postby msbhvn » 15 Jul 2013, 19:47

Just picked up Dishonoured and all of the current DLC in the Steam sale, so I'll be getting this second part of Daud's story there. As someone who is generally terrible at stealth games, I found Dishonoured to be fun and very good in nudging you towards the different ways to tackle each mission without over-explaining things. It's just a pity the "good" ending of the main game was such a damp squib.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Re: Dishonored DLC: Bethesda releases first Brigmore Witches

Postby Alaric14 » 15 Jul 2013, 21:55

msbhvn wrote:It's just a pity the "good" ending of the main game was such a damp squib.

What affrontery is this?! Dishonored's endings, 'good' and 'bad', were both excellent and left plenty of room for interpretation with regard to some of the darker corners of that world.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first part of Daud's adventure, his unique powers and the threat from the Brigmore Witches. Far more interesting than a speechless man's revenge. What I'm especially pleased about is that Arkane haven't stuck to their masked assassin in this DLC, implying that they're going to flit to various characters who are dabbling with the Outsider in sequential games (I think our black-eyed chap mentioned eight people in the world who wielded his power?). Anyways, great screenshots, want to see more, looking forward to it, blahdy-blah-blah-blah...
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby msbhvn » 15 Jul 2013, 21:59

I meant the last part of the final mission rather than the cutscene afterwards. It just seemed to end so abruptly and wasn't very satisfying.
I don't get the appeal at all. Like what do they do... say something stupid then read the replies while they touch themselves? - Vampyre_Ghost on trolls.
msbhvn 66

Postby Drainwater » 15 Jul 2013, 22:19

msbhvn wrote:I meant the last part of the final mission rather than the cutscene afterwards. It just seemed to end so abruptly and wasn't very satisfying.

I agree. The finale was almost jarringly fast for the good ending. It kind of works well for the bad ending level though, so I have to wonder if they did the bad ending first and were running out of time and so they just cut and pasted most of the storyboard/pacing/whatever you want to call it for the good ending level.
Drainwater 34

Postby Alaric14 » 15 Jul 2013, 22:39

msbhvn wrote:I meant the last part of the final mission rather than the cutscene afterwards. It just seemed to end so abruptly and wasn't very satisfying.

I understand what you mean about that. I'm trying to think of another way it could have been done. Perhaps Havelock could have engaged in conversation with Corvo if he spotted you. Maybe he does? Has anyone deliberately shown themselves to Havelock in the final mission on Low Chaos? If so, does he just act like any enemy NPC or is there more to it?

Putting a blade in the bastard's head on High Chaos was VERY satisfying, though.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby msbhvn » 15 Jul 2013, 22:49

I'm planning to do a high chaos playthrough on the PC, for some GTA/Saints Row style craziness. Quick save will be helpful if I want to do low chaos again.
msbhvn 66