to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

More Elder Scrolls Online dungeon, Wayshrine and monster det

Your comments on our articles.

"You'll never be forced to leave your party because you died."

ZeniMax Online has delved yet deeper into the make-up of Elder Scrolls Online dungeons, via a new Q&A. The game will cater to both solo adventurers and groups, it explains, and you'll be able to resurrect your character at Wayshrines rather than leaving the party when you die.... read more

More Elder Scrolls Online dungeon, Wayshrine and monster det

Postby Christopher Dack » 16 Jul 2013, 10:50

My only worry about this new twist to the Elder Scrolls is what happens after year or two . With Skyrim and Oblivion i know i can play the game from scratch months and months after its release and get the same (if not better with patches) story and experience . Will webe able to come back to this game after year or two and not struggle to find partys . Didnt see but can you make a party with your friends and block all other groups from your world or will it ( after time ) become a empty world ? :)
Christopher Dack 25

Re: More Elder Scrolls Online dungeon, Wayshrine and monster

Postby CunningSmile » 16 Jul 2013, 11:31

Bethesda have said that although the game is designed with certain dungeons that require a party there are certain ones designed to still deal with alone, just like Skyrim or Oblivion. I'm guessing from that statement that if you come back after a year away you'll still find plenty to do even if you can't find any mates to rope in.

MS having (according to rumour) scrapped the patch fee for the One as well as the 360 also makes addng stuff in to these MMO type games much easier and means if the servers do start to become a ghost town Bethesda can just patch in more frequent animal or bandit attacks to keep you occupied.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Insaneyokel » 16 Jul 2013, 19:20

I have to say I am looking forward to this more and more. I have been looking for something a bit different with regards to multiplayer :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Baryonyx » 17 Jul 2013, 02:08

I'm already stockpiling cans of Monster in anticipation of this.
Excalipoor
Baryonyx 36