to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dishonored DLC The Brigmore Witches - first screenshots, det

Your comments on our articles.

Out August, introduces three new areas

Bethesda has unveiled Dishonored DLC pack The Brigmore Witches, which brings the misadventures of the supernatural assassin Daud to a doubtless grisly conclusion. The pack's out first for Xbox Live on 13th August, and will cost 800 MP. Scroll down for more details (beware Knife of Dunwall spoilers) and some screeny-weenies.... read more

Dishonored DLC The Brigmore Witches - first screenshots, det

Postby battfink83 » 16 Jul 2013, 18:38

Having only recently purchased this title on the cheap, I will no doubt get this. Really good game so far. And.to.think, they would've had full price off me had they released a demo...... ;)
battfink83 47

Re: Dishonored DLC The Brigmore Witches - first screenshots,

Postby Alaric14 » 17 Jul 2013, 23:26

Sounds brilliant. I like that they've taken opportunities to explore new character and enemy designs in these DLC packs. The future looks very bright indeed for this franchise. And Ed, please finish it. It was one of a select minority of premium games in 2012 that didn't carry a '2', '3', '4', '5', or '6', in its title.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby Pal Gill » 18 Jul 2013, 08:44

I have also only recently got this game. I think i have played about 20 minutes of it so far and i just cant get into it! Am i doing something wrong? Oh and someone also mentioned to me that if i actually kill people in the game then i get a "bad" ending??? Is that true? :shock:
Pal Gill 32

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 09:07

Pal Gill wrote:I have also only recently got this game. I think i have played about 20 minutes of it so far and i just cant get into it! Am i doing something wrong? Oh and someone also mentioned to me that if i actually kill people in the game then i get a "bad" ending??? Is that true? :shock:

It's not just killing a couple of people, it's killing enough to get a 'High Chaos' rating on most levels. And it's not so much a bad ending as it is a darker, bleaker ending.

As for getting into it wait until the first proper assassination mission to make your mind up as at the twenty minute mark you've not really got going. Having said that it is a very marmite game; I loved it as did many others, but for every forum regular singing its praises you'll find one saying it was terrible.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 18 Jul 2013, 16:45

Hooray! Something to look forward to - even if it's not until bloody August - in this period of gaming drought. I've played through twice, once for Low Chaos and the other - wait for it - High Chaos. I'm undecided as to whether or not to play through a third time for the "Mostly Flesh and Steel" achievement which by my upgrading to Blink 2 spoiled it. :cry:

It wasn't until after escaping Coldridge Prison that the game really took off for me. It's worth persevering with as there are some delightful moments in it - ranging from its atmosphere, graphics and humour - especially Lady Boyle's party .

I also like Marmite.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby Pal Gill » 19 Jul 2013, 14:20

Thank you very much Mr Cunning and Mr Verbal!

I will probably get onto it somepoint over the weekend if my wife and 2.5year old son allow me some free time rather then demanding i runn off somwhere to go have some family tim! THE CHEEK!!!! :evil:

Also, i dont like marmite! :D
Pal Gill 32

Postby Alaric14 » 19 Jul 2013, 17:01

Henceforth, anyone who describes an experience, product, or individual, by likening it to a certain yeast-based spread should be castrated and drowned in a puddle of their own vomit.
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 20 Jul 2013, 01:56

Yeah! Should any user dare to utter the word "Cenovis" - which incidentally is an anagram of "Disgusting Swiss Yeasty stuff and not as nice as Toblerone" - or "Vegemite" then they deserve everything coming their way <harrumph>.

I made up the whole anagram thingy, so put your pencil and paper away.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Postby Nightjar » 21 Jul 2013, 14:00

This was THE GAME of 2012 for me, loved it other than a couple of glitchy acheivments (Gentleman Caller & Street Conspiracy) which I had to play just shy of a 3rd playthrough, I have the 2 DLC's so far but not got round to playing them yet, I am looking forward to this extra add-on. :D
Nightjar 5