to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Forza 5 requires day-one DLC update because it's kind of lik

Your comments on our articles.

"You have to fill it up with food the first time," says Turn 10

Forza Motorsport 5 will oblige a one-time internet connection at launch, Turn 10's Dan Greenawalt has told IGN, in order to download an assortment of "required content" that includes tracks and cars. Presumably, this is the consequence of the game's being built for Xbox One's original digital model, which required the user to sign in every 24 hours.... read more

Forza 5 requires day-one DLC update because it's kind of lik

Postby iEdwin » 17 Jul 2013, 11:20

I am comfused...

Do they mean as in a Disc 2-ish download? but you need internet?
iEdwin 23

Re: Forza 5 requires day-one DLC update because it's kind of

Postby CunningSmile » 17 Jul 2013, 11:31

iEdwin wrote:I am comfused...

Looks that way. Sounds like the actual on disc stuff is tiny in comparison and the bulk of the game is going to be free DLC so they can be working on it right up until the launch.

It's sort of making the Xbox180 seem more and more pointless since so few games sound like they will work without an internet connection.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby FordGTGuy » 17 Jul 2013, 11:54

CunningSmile wrote:

Looks that way. Sounds like the actual on disc stuff is tiny in comparison and the bulk of the game is going to be free DLC so they can be working on it right up until the launch.

It's sort of making the Xbox180 seem more and more pointless since so few games sound like they will work without an internet connection.

It's a one time connection on a launch title for a console that requires to be connected to the internet at least once.

Down the line there will most likely be versions of the disc with the complete game and same with Xbox One's down the road not needing to connect to the internet. The top games at E3 are online only by the way which would be Titanfall, The Crew and The Division.
FordGTGuy 4

Postby scottishwildcat » 17 Jul 2013, 12:18

"Drivatars pose interesting consequences for griefers". Do they? I don't see any consequences at all, except that their annoying behaviour won't be replicated when you race against their AI counterpart.
scottishwildcat 18

Postby BlackhawkTenan » 17 Jul 2013, 12:22

This would be great. I hate the ''Please install disc 2 content'' option that some games have these days. It'll probably be quicker as well.
BlackhawkTenan 29

Postby OXM ETboy » 17 Jul 2013, 12:23

scottishwildcat wrote:"Drivatars pose interesting consequences for griefers". Do they? I don't see any consequences at all, except that their annoying behaviour won't be replicated when you race against their AI counterpart.

Which I would argue is an interesting consequence. :)
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby MrT666 » 17 Jul 2013, 12:36

I know this question has nothing to do with this story but what is the lowest resolution these games will run in?
MrT666 18

Postby iEdwin » 17 Jul 2013, 12:44

MrT666 wrote:I know this question has nothing to do with this story but what is the lowest resolution these games will run in?

Erm... The lowest resolution your TV can output?

I'm not even sure I made sense here... Did I? :|
iEdwin 23

Postby FishyGinger » 17 Jul 2013, 12:46

MrT666 wrote:I know this question has nothing to do with this story but what is the lowest resolution these games will run in?

3 pixels by 3 pixels. Truly next gen.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby MrT666 » 17 Jul 2013, 13:00

iEdwin wrote:

Erm... The lowest resolution your TV can output?

I'm not even sure I made sense here... Did I? :|

Lol yeah you made perfect sense, i read somewhere that they'll only play in full hd, probably a load of nonsense. Anyway cheers :D
MrT666 18

Postby KillerByte » 17 Jul 2013, 15:20

No they just mean that you need to be connected to the internet at least once to play the game. I think it was because of the DRM reversal
KillerByte 18

Postby Twilight Error » 17 Jul 2013, 15:43

MrT666 wrote:i read somewhere that they'll only play in full hd, probably a load of nonsense.

Possibly true, considering the Xbox One offers only an HDMI output option. I'm sure there are HDMI-to-analog adapters out there somewhere, but at the moment it doesn't sound like they'll ship with the Xbox itself.
Twilight Error 41

Postby MrT666 » 17 Jul 2013, 18:32

Twilight Error wrote:
MrT666 wrote:i read somewhere that they'll only play in full hd, probably a load of nonsense.

Possibly true, considering the Xbox One offers only an HDMI output option. I'm sure there are HDMI-to-analog adapters out there somewhere, but at the moment it doesn't sound like they'll ship with the Xbox itself.

Yeah i wasn't bothered about it being able to output on analog, just the tv i use only goes to 1080i. I didn't see the need to upgrade seeing as the 360 only upscaled the picture but if these games only run at full 1080p then i could have a problem right?
MrT666 18

Postby Hollg » 17 Jul 2013, 18:35

I stopped playing racing games a long time ago. Online it was pointless because there were so many griefers around. Offline there was a train moving in front of you that never veered off the line. I became bored with it. Drivatar on Forza 5 has re-vitalised my interest in racing games again. I am looking forward to buying a racing game for the first time in years.
Hollg 29

Postby Spartan Edge » 22 Jul 2013, 10:53

So much for being able to use the Xbone without the internet.
Spartan Edge 13

Next