to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Multiplayer FPS Rekoil announced as Xbox console exclusive

Your comments on our articles.

Out 2013 on XBLA, first details and screenshots

505 Games has announced an Xbox Live Arcade version of Plastic Piranha's Rekoil, a post-apocalyptic multiplayer FPS that's built specifically for eSports. It'll launch later this year, and will feature user-generated maps (with competitions to decide how they arrive on Xbox Live). Find screens and announcement materials below.... read more

Multiplayer FPS Rekoil announced as Xbox console exclusive

Postby senote » 17 Jul 2013, 18:19

blah blah blah more nonsense about a game that's going to be mediocre at best :-/
senote 27

Re: Multiplayer FPS Rekoil announced as Xbox console exclusi

Postby TronZler » 17 Jul 2013, 18:46

Never heard of this game or seen much to do with esports come to think of it,will be worth checking out at anyrate for me. Nothing to lose hey!
TronZler 23

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Jul 2013, 19:28

http://www.oxm.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=35771

a MMS shooter which allows you to play as a woman, what madness is this?

For all CoD Ghosts talk about their player customisation it's interesting that their is still no female player model, clearly you can't actually have the soldier you want
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Dave2123 » 17 Jul 2013, 20:13

Metalrodent wrote:http://www.oxm.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=35771

For all CoD Ghosts talk about their player customisation it's interesting that their is still no female player model, clearly you can't actually have the soldier you want

That's because women can't fight in a combat role on the front line, so it would be ridiculous if Infinity Ward let you play as a woman. There trying to keep things realistic and that means that you won't be able to play as a woman, because there are no women who do those jobs. It would be a completely different game if you could play as a woman in COD; you would be an engineer or a medic or something, not an infantry soldier. The US are planning on changing this by 2015, and I'd assume as the ban is lifted COD will have female playable characters, because companies always love showing how diverse and pro-equality they are.
Dave2123 29

Postby senote » 17 Jul 2013, 20:26

Dave2123 wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:http://www.oxm.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=35771

That's because women can't fight in a combat role on the front line, so it would be ridiculous if Infinity Ward let you play as a woman. There trying to keep things realistic and that means that you won't be able to play as a woman, because there are no women who do those jobs. It would be a completely different game if you could play as a woman in COD; you would be an engineer or a medic or something, not an infantry soldier. The US are planning on changing this by 2015, and I'd assume as the ban is lifted COD will have female playable characters, because companies always love showing how diverse and pro-equality they are.

Hasn't Modern Warfare always been set in a 'near-future' setting on top of which isn't Ghosts meant to be a little bit further future? on top of which IT'S A GAME! it would only be out of place if they put in women with 58FFF's wearing high heels and bikinis.
senote 27

Postby CunningSmile » 17 Jul 2013, 20:39

I was about to say the same Senote. Even if MW isn't near future, Black Ops 2 was and Ghosts is not only future it's post apocalypsey and made up of special forces soldiers of all nations. Israel has had frontline female soldiers since its creation, and Mossad actually has a higher percentage of women agents than men so a woman in the Ghosts team would not only make sense, it would be slight odd if she was absent
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby senote » 17 Jul 2013, 21:05

CunningSmile wrote:I was about to say the same Senote. Even if MW isn't near future, Black Ops 2 was and Ghosts is not only future it's post apocalypsey and made up of special forces soldiers of all nations. Israel has had frontline female soldiers since its creation, and Mossad actually has a higher percentage of women agents than men so a woman in the Ghosts team would not only make sense, it would be slight odd if she was absent

Yeah i'm no expert in post apocalypsesisming but I suspect they can't really be fussy about gender.
senote 27

Postby Chameleon » 18 Jul 2013, 09:05

senote wrote:Hasn't Modern Warfare always been set in a 'near-future' setting on top of which isn't Ghosts meant to be a little bit further future? on top of which IT'S A GAME! it would only be out of place if they put in women with 58FFF's wearing high heels and bikinis.

CoD:DoA? :shock:
Chameleon 44