to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Payday 2 hands-on: how not to stage a brilliant criminal hei

Your comments on our articles.

Can't take the heat? Get out of the bank

"So I like to make a bet with people who play Payday 2," Overkill's David Goldfarb told me and three other journalists, shortly before unleashing us on the game, "about how long they can stay in stealth mode before they're spotted. I give you guys two minutes."... read more

Payday 2 hands-on: how not to stage a brilliant criminal hei

Postby TronZler » 17 Jul 2013, 18:43

I'm really looking forward to this game! From the fact that each game is different in the way that anything can happen,to feeling like i'm in the epic shootout from Heat,to playing the Joker an trying to take my accomplices share,to the many different methods that can an will be tried. I've a feeling this will be quite an addictive game,well,for me anyway.

Any idea on a relase date guys/gals?
TronZler 23

Re: Payday 2 hands-on: how not to stage a brilliant criminal

Postby Grummy » 17 Jul 2013, 19:14

August 16th apparently.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Jul 2013, 19:22

Whatever the reason, as soon as the ess haytch one tee hit the fan, we were forced to mask up and get down and dirty with local law enforcement, who had the building surrounded within seconds.

This sounds a little worrying for me, I was looking foward to being able to spend time planning out my heist and what I was going to do, getting busted and surrounded within a few seconds of the game doesn't sound particually fun

As long as we still earn xp for failed heists and can still upgrade it shouldn't be so bad
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM Aoife » 17 Jul 2013, 19:29

Metalrodent wrote:
Whatever the reason, as soon as the ess haytch one tee hit the fan, we were forced to mask up and get down and dirty with local law enforcement, who had the building surrounded within seconds.

This sounds a little worrying for me, I was looking foward to being able to spend time planning out my heist and what I was going to do, getting busted and surrounded within a few seconds of the game doesn't sound particually fun

As long as we still earn xp for failed heists and can still upgrade it shouldn't be so bad

You can absolutely do that; if we had been smart, we could have cased the joint first - walked around the perimeter and gotten a feel for security. But someone somehow triggered an alarm (I'm still not sure exactly how), so the planning stage was cut dramatically short.
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 17 Jul 2013, 20:04

OXM Aoife wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:This sounds a little worrying for me, I was looking foward to being able to spend time planning out my heist and what I was going to do, getting busted and surrounded within a few seconds of the game doesn't sound particually fun

You can absolutely do that; if we had been smart, we could have cased the joint first - walked around the perimeter and gotten a feel for security. But someone somehow triggered an alarm (I'm still not sure exactly how), so the planning stage was cut dramatically short.

Ah right, that's good to hear.

Also I now know to always be sure to hide out of harms way if playing with you guys :wink:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Baryonyx » 18 Jul 2013, 00:28

It sounds like I could really get into this - I absolutely loved the heist modes in Kane and Lynch's multiplayer games! It's about time shooters moved away from the overblown setpieces of Call of Duty and got into smaller, more intimate and realistic scenarios. That was one of the things I loved about the first FEAR game and it's expansion packs; the realistic level design and the look of things. That office complex you fought your way through in FEAR looked real, it felt real. It really drew me in. I am going to ring the game store tomorrow and preorder this, I think.
Baryonyx 42

Postby Rugdawg09 » 18 Jul 2013, 12:48

Anybody who is thinking about picking this game up should pre-order from Argos it's £22.99 on their website.
Rugdawg09 16

Postby Grummy » 18 Jul 2013, 16:27

Rugdawg09 wrote:Anybody who is thinking about picking this game up should pre-order from Argos it's £22.99 on their website.

Great find dude. We've got a thread in the games forum for gaming bargains, do you fancy mentioning it in there too so it doesn't get lost in the flow of news?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby TronZler » 18 Jul 2013, 21:52

@ Grummy

Cheers for the date,i have that now filed under stealthy sam fisher time!
TronZler 23

Postby Dave2123 » 04 Aug 2013, 21:16

This sounds like a great game; I love a challenging game and they're so hard to come by nowadays. I will complete those missions stealthily if it takes me all year! I have had a thought, however, after reading about all the upgrades, that the game might be too hard to do stealth at the beginning and then become too easy by the end. Hopefully the missions get harder as well as your character getting better. I'll have to wait and see.
Dave2123 29