to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Dead Rising 3 won't force progression, side story available

Your comments on our articles.

"The past instalments were relatively regimented," admits producer

Dead Rising's strict timeline of events was a source of umbrage for some players - survivors would die, mission opportunities elapse as you hurtled around the open world, trying to balance the priorities. it's a system built for multiple playthroughs, essentially, as you won't know what to prioritise without hindsight. Recognising this, Capcom wants Dead Rising 3 to be a lot more easy-going.... read more

Dead Rising 3 won't force progression, side story available

Postby BIGBUTTER » 18 Jul 2013, 10:39

SOLD!!
BIGBUTTER 23

Re: Dead Rising 3 won't force progression, side story availa

Postby Maximus T » 18 Jul 2013, 10:47

I can't fit the smart glass app on my ipod but I do still tend to keep it at hand whilst I'm playing, especially in between multiplayer matches I will use it for whatever, so I think smartglass will have some good use. One concern is if many games have this sort of functionality there will be lots of apps released, and I only have an 8GB memory- which is more like 6GB anyway.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 69

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 10:53

Maximus T wrote:I can't fit the smart glass app on my ipod but I do still tend to keep it at hand whilst I'm playing, especially in between multiplayer matches I will use it for whatever, so I think smartglass will have some good use. One concern is if many games have this sort of functionality there will be lots of apps released, and I only have an 8GB memory- which is more like 6GB anyway.

I think at the moment a few games, especially the Ubisoft ones like Division and Watch Dog, are releasing their propriatry apps because Microsofts Smartglass wasn't around when they started design. I think the eventual aim is everyone will use the same MS app and only take up on bit of memory.

And even if it doesn't get to that point its very quick and easy to delete and reload apps and since they'll be free we can just do that.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Dave2123 » 18 Jul 2013, 19:10

I really love how developers are integrating SmartGlass, because I believe it can be a really cool and fun addition to gaming. I know some people will still be narrow-minded and set in their ways, and will hate it, because it's slightly different to how it's been for the past 20 years, but I'm really pleased that, for next gen, Microsoft aren't just keeping everything the same. They're not just going for more power and catering to the masses to make the most money, like $ony, but are actually trying to integrate new technologies and enhance our gaming experience as well, which is what a generation leap should do. I'm really hoping that Microsoft start getting into talks with Oculus Rift, because I prefer console gaming, but those VR headsets are really tempting.
Dave2123 29

Postby GAMMING PRO2013 » 20 Jul 2013, 22:08

Dead rising 3 wow number 3 already hope it will be better then 1 and 2.
LOVE ALL SHOOTERS HATE ALL FREE ROAM GAMES
GAMMING PRO2013 4