to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

New Splinter Cell: Blacklist trailer is equal parts story an

Your comments on our articles.

Ubisoft's Swiss Army Knife of a protagonist goes nuts in new footage

Back in black! On the hitlist! Other relevant puns! Ubisoft has released a new Splinter Cell: Blacklist trailer, thus reminding us that it's out on 20th August in the US and 23rd August in the UK, and that we haven't shot any fictional Middle Eastern terrorists in, like, weeks. Sorry for the reduced bodycount, I've been playing Red Dead Redemption.... read more

New Splinter Cell: Blacklist trailer is equal parts story an

Postby Maximus T » 18 Jul 2013, 10:41

I will get this. I came in at Conviction so I am therefore more or less oblivious to the complaints about it not being stealthy enough, or not having Ironside, so to me it just looks way better than Conviction, which I really enjoyed. I will probably play it in the panther style, that is most natural to me with Arkham Asylum being one of my earlier games. Also looking forward to spies vs mercs- which I have heard a lot of good things about but am yet to experience- and the co-op missions, which were great, if not few, in Conviction.
#browns
Maximus T 63

Re: New Splinter Cell: Blacklist trailer is equal parts stor

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 10:49

Maximus T wrote:I will get this. I came in at Conviction so I am therefore more or less oblivious to the complaints about it not being stealthy enough, or not having Ironside, so to me it just looks way better than Conviction, which I really enjoyed. I will probably play it in the panther style, that is most natural to me with Arkham Asylum being one of my earlier games. Also looking forward to spies vs mercs- which I have heard a lot of good things about but am yet to experience- and the co-op missions, which were great, if not few, in Conviction.

I've played Splinter Cell since the beginning, but I'm actually in a similar camp to you. The stealthy predator able to defend himself just seems so much more natural compared to the old "one guy has spotted you and despite being the most highly trained agent we have you're dead" approach. And certainly after Arkham I don't think I could go back to pure stealth.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Dave2123 » 18 Jul 2013, 21:01

CunningSmile wrote:
Maximus T wrote:I will get this...

I've played Splinter Cell since the beginning, ...

I haven't played any of the Splinter Cells before nor Batman, but it seems that Blacklist will offer all the stealthiness you'll need. I plan on playing it in ghost style, because I'm really looking forward to a game that challenges me instead of the usual games, which aren't particularly difficult. I think that's why I loved AC3 so much, because having to do all those optional objectives made me think about how I would approach a mission and not just go in killing everyone. Also, despite what lots of people have said, they weren't too difficult - they weren't impossible, and I hope Blacklist will be like this; it looks as if it will be. As you can tell I'll be getting Blacklist and AC4 as well as GTA5 and Watch Dogs - they are the games that have caught my fancy for this year,
Dave2123 29

Postby Maximus T » 18 Jul 2013, 21:48

Dave2123 wrote:I haven't played any of the Splinter Cells before nor Batman, but it seems that Blacklist will offer all the stealthiness you'll need. I plan on playing it in ghost style, because I'm really looking forward to a game that challenges me instead of the usual games, which aren't particularly difficult. I think that's why I loved AC3 so much, because having to do all those optional objectives made me think about how I would approach a mission and not just go in killing everyone. Also, despite what lots of people have said, they weren't too difficult - they weren't impossible, and I hope Blacklist will be like this; it looks as if it will be. As you can tell I'll be getting Blacklist and AC4 as well as GTA5 and Watch Dogs - they are the games that have caught my fancy for this year,

You will probably be aware of and exited for the purist/perfectionist mode then, if you are up for a real challenge!
I would also really recommend the Batman Arkham games if you haven't played them, and they will be cheap as no chips by now.
#browns
Maximus T 63