to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 could be re-announced in the next yea

Your comments on our articles.

"We have the right team and the right tools, this would be a good time to do it"

Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been a long time coming. The game began development over eight years ago, but has been put on hold so many times since that many fans have lost any hope of it ever being released, despite the odd teaser trailer or piece of concept art surfacing online.... read more

Beyond Good and Evil 2 could be re-announced in the next yea

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 11:53

As with most Vapourware the longer this goes on the less faith I have. Even if it does get released it will probably be pants. Just like with Duke Nukem you can't produce a game over that long a period without some of your code and ideas looking very outdated compared to others.

And even if by some miracle you release your long term project, the long wait has blown fan's speculation out of all proportion to how good its possible to be and it suffers by comparison to an ideal.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 could be re-announced in the next

Postby OXM ETboy » 18 Jul 2013, 11:59

I Believe. Ancel can do no wrong after what he did with Rayman, IMO.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 could be re-announced in the next

Postby Dave2123 » 18 Jul 2013, 18:58

I loved BGE1 on PS2 and still play it sometimes, and, until recently, I had no idea that they were making a new game, so I'll be happy whenever it's released.
Dave2123 29