to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Get £45 off an Xbox One - 10% off deal at Toys 'R' Us

Your comments on our articles.

Buy certain items, get 10% off your next purchase

Not pre-ordered an Xbox One yet? Planning to? You may be interested in this Toys 'R' Us offer, which gives you 10% off the console when you buy certain items. Thanks for the spot, SavyGamer.... read more

Get £45 off an Xbox One - 10% off deal at Toys 'R' Us

Postby Nigel Rayner » 18 Jul 2013, 13:48

excpet if you read the terms and conditions and the exclusion of preorders...

Your 10% Off Coupon will be issued when you make any purchase (excluding all pre-orders.........
Nigel Rayner 7

Re: Get £45 off an Xbox One - 10% off deal at Toys 'R' Us

Postby OXM ETboy » 18 Jul 2013, 13:54

"Excluding all pre-orders" applies to the initial purchase, not what you can spend the voucher on.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 14:14

However it does raise the point that this discount voucher can only be redeemed in a short window, well before the launch. Is it useable on preordered stock?
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Plamsa wing » 18 Jul 2013, 14:18

There's a question, can you pre-order in store? If so and you can also pay it all off after pre-ordering, if they allow it you could use it when paying off the pre-order.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby CadX » 18 Jul 2013, 14:55

This is a great find, best one I've seen but I just don't think they'll honour it. I might give a go anyway I've been holding out pre-ordering the One for a good deal as the 'Day One 2013' on the controller just doesn't sell it for me. If this works I think it'll be the cheapest you'll see it on day release.
CadX 26

Postby Eschew » 18 Jul 2013, 15:21

Remove the kinect and this console could be sold for £300. Once again idiots at Microsoft forcing rubbish upon us. What happens when the kinect breaks (trust me it will) and you are stuck with a console you can not use. I shall keep with the smart bunch of xbox fans and refuse to buy the xbox one until the kinect is removed. If need be i'll go over to pc gaming.
Eschew 14

Postby Maximus T » 18 Jul 2013, 15:33

Eschew wrote:Remove the kinect and this console could be sold for £300. Once again idiots at Microsoft forcing rubbish upon us. What happens when the kinect breaks (trust me it will) and you are stuck with a console you can not use. I shall keep with the smart bunch of xbox fans and refuse to buy the xbox one until the kinect is removed. If need be i'll go over to pc gaming.

Oh god not again :(
A benzene ring changes everything.
Maximus T 68

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 15:37

Eschew wrote:Remove the kinect and this console could be sold for £300. Once again idiots at Microsoft forcing rubbish upon us. What happens when the kinect breaks (trust me it will) and you are stuck with a console you can not use. I shall keep with the smart bunch of xbox fans and refuse to buy the xbox one until the kinect is removed. If need be i'll go over to pc gaming.

I'm sure PC gaming will be glad to have you.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby BlackhawkTenan » 18 Jul 2013, 15:44

There is no way the Xbox One would retail for £300 without Kinect, more like £350. Why should I trust you that the Kinect will fail, are you a Microsoft engineer or have have access to a time machine. I appreciate that people do not like Kinect, everyone has their own opinion, but do not state something as fact when it just is not true. And TBH, the less narrow minded players on Xbox Live, the better.
BlackhawkTenan 29

Postby SilentDark » 18 Jul 2013, 15:52

You might be in for a long wait there.

I myself may not be sold on the kinect but I don't see why it needed to be brought up here, there are already a couple of threads in which this has been brought up and debated. As for the kinect breaking issue, I'm sure that while it is in warranty you can get a replacement unit from Microsoft and after that you can probably get a replacement kinect for some kind of fee from MS.

Also no need to limit yourself to PC gaming, you can also pick up a Wii U or PS4, maybe get a handheld like the 3DS or Vita.
You know, Hitler wasn't all bad, after all, he did kill Hitler.
SilentDark 64

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 15:57

I'm drawing a line now before we end up with yet another Kinect related thread.

That was me being official. Did you like it? :lol:
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 16:00

Back on topic what does everyone think about this? I think it's probably too good to be true, but I also think if it's a loophole Toys R Us has failed to take into account but honour it could be the start of everyone else starting to lower prices in the run up to launch. Of course since so many retailers have announced they've run out of stock they may not feel the need to.
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 18 Jul 2013, 16:01

BlackhawkTenan wrote:Why should I trust you that the Kinect will fail, are you a Microsoft engineer or have have access to a time machine.

It probably will break, several years after the disc drive has screwed up.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Jul 2013, 16:03

FishyGinger wrote:
BlackhawkTenan wrote:Why should I trust you that the Kinect will fail, are you a Microsoft engineer or have have access to a time machine.

It probably will break, several years after the disc drive has screwed up.

Fishy stop it. I. DREW. A. LINE.
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 18 Jul 2013, 16:04

That was me being official. Did you like it?

That was impressive. Were you wearing your ceremonial wig and gown? Or just your underwear? :D
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Next