to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Elder Scrolls Online won't be a "grind", ZeniMax tackles

Your comments on our articles.

"This isn't going to be an exact copy of other Elder Scrolls titles."

ZeniMax Online creative director Paul Sage has answered a number of fan questions about The Elder Scrolls Online over at MMORPG.com. It's a massive MMO nerdfest in there, so gird your loins before pressing on. Alternatively, read my summary of the (seeming) highlights below.... read more

The Elder Scrolls Online won't be a "grind", ZeniMax tackles

Postby Christopher Dack » 18 Jul 2013, 16:21

Since Morrowind , the elder scrolls have been the games i most look forward to . Is this what people really have asked for in a elder scrolls game ? for it to be more like PC MMoGs ? if so i hope ot lives up to its formers .
Christopher Dack 25

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online won't be a "grind", ZeniMax tac

Postby Dave2123 » 18 Jul 2013, 21:07

Christopher Dack wrote:Since Morrowind , the elder scrolls have been the games i most look forward to . Is this what people really have asked for in a elder scrolls game ? for it to be more like PC MMoGs ? if so i hope ot lives up to its formers .

I think I agree with what your saying. I don't like multiplayer and prefer to play long open world single players like Assassin's Creed and Skyrim and Fallout, and so I would have much preferred them to have created a new Elder Scrolls game like the others instead of an MMO. Anyway, I'll be happy with AC4 for a while and there's a rumour of a new Fallout.
Dave2123 29

Postby Sandbwoy » 18 Jul 2013, 21:13

People actually complained about that kind of thing? If they don't like it, they're playing the wrong game. For me, the vast exploration and the advancement through doing a certain task more and more is one of the reasons Elder Scrolls games are great. If people don't like it, why don't they just play something else instead of complaining about it in the hopes that they change the way the games are played?
Sandbwoy 24

Postby Grummy » 18 Jul 2013, 22:46

Dave2123 wrote:
Christopher Dack wrote:Since Morrowind , the elder scrolls have been the games i most look forward to . Is this what people really have asked for in a elder scrolls game ? for it to be more like PC MMoGs ? if so i hope ot lives up to its formers .

I think I agree with what your saying. I don't like multiplayer and prefer to play long open world single players like Assassin's Creed and Skyrim and Fallout, and so I would have much preferred them to have created a new Elder Scrolls game like the others instead of an MMO. Anyway, I'll be happy with AC4 for a while and there's a rumour of a new Fallout.

This isn't made by the same team who make the SP Elder Scrolls/Fallout games, it's an entirely separate team and their making this game has no impact at all on the development of either a SP ES or Fallout game.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Christopher Dack » 19 Jul 2013, 10:46

I think I agree with what your saying. I don't like multiplayer and prefer to play long open world single players like Assassin's Creed and Skyrim and Fallout, and so I would have much preferred them to have created a new Elder Scrolls game like the others instead of an MMO. Anyway, I'll be happy with AC4 for a while and there's a rumour of a new Fallout.[/quote]

This isn't made by the same team who make the SP Elder Scrolls/Fallout games, it's an entirely separate team and their making this game has no impact at all on the development of either a SP ES or Fallout game.[/quote]

you have made my Day Grummy :) :) :) !!! And Sandbwoy idont think you understood my concerns .I like the open world games such as skyrim it was the new features was not sure about .
Christopher Dack 25