to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay developers explain Sandbox mode

Your comments on our articles.

Latest Title Update also detailed

The folks over at Undead Labs have given some initial insight as to how the upcoming Sandbox mode for XBLA hit State of Decay will work in a blog post on their website.... read more

State of Decay developers explain Sandbox mode

Postby fracturedrich » 20 Jul 2013, 19:47

This is one of the best xbla games out there,i have not put in loads of hours yet but i have really enjoyed the time i have spent with it.It is one of many reasons why i will promote my 360 to the bedroom tv when the one comes out in november. I hope some new achievements will come with the sandbox mode.Does anyone no if we can have more than one save when dlc comes out ,as i do not think i will finish story mode by then.
fracturedrich 46

Re: State of Decay developers explain Sandbox mode

Postby Aphasial » 20 Jul 2013, 21:02

I love this game. My fiance hs become a State of Decay widow over the past few weeks and she's planning on stealing the Xbox off me to start her own game.

We've gone through it once and have started it again as we didn't catch all the missions the first time round. We were planning on playing after the story ended to see how long we could last so this DLC will be right up our street

'These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me.'
Jayne Cobb, Firefly
Aphasial 21

Postby battfink83 » 21 Jul 2013, 01:07

They have literally copied my idea I posted on the forums a while back., im chuffed, sounds great
battfink83 47

Postby gunnerjp » 21 Jul 2013, 23:08

iv completed it 3 times i like that it spawns the items in different places each time you start the game its the best XBLA game iv played sandbox mode will be fun.
gunnerjp 4

Postby Sean Blackburn » 22 Jul 2013, 04:03

This game is terrible, 2 updates down and I'm still unable to complete it due to bugs and glitches. I've tried everything, new game save etc etc, and if I'm honest the gameplay really isn't anything special. Left for dead 2, killing floor, dead rising, resident evil. As much as its an arcade game and I'm aware of that, for me this game just isn't enough.
Sean Blackburn 19