to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Fireburst

Your comments on our articles.

Pedal to the metal, feet to the fire

Playing Fireburst is like a sine wave of emotion. It begins with a dip. You're dropped without clue into an unfriendly menu system, with a tutorial tucked away in an unexpected sub-menu. Because you're clever, you'll begin to work out the system of boosting and heat management that defines the game.... read more

Re: Fireburst

Postby Metalrodent » 21 Jul 2013, 11:12

lazercut123 wrote:I know tha 5 is technically average, but I personally think of 7 as average an 9 as must buy. Maybe I'm just hard to please?

7 isn't average, the definition of average is middling which would be 4-6, 7 pushes it into the positive.

I know what you mean though, there's a tendency to view 7 as a 'meh' score, when it really isn't
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby ChaoticP » 21 Jul 2013, 11:54

Sounds like a lot of this stuff can be fixed in a patch, that should boost it to a 7 if the developers are willing.
ChaoticP 52

Postby OXM Log » 22 Jul 2013, 17:05

lazercut123 wrote:I know tha 5 is technically average, but I personally think of 7 as average an 9 as must buy. Maybe I'm just hard to please?

If I give a game a 7, that's a recommend to buy. An 8 gets you a "Must Buy" badge, (at least, it does in the magazine). There's no reason to buy this game as it stands. The fun tapers away far too quickly into frustration
OXM Log
OXM Staff