to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century India, h

Your comments on our articles.

Prospecting fans "would be advised to give it a read"

Ubisoft has unveiled Assassin's Creed: Brahman, a spin-off comic set in 18th century India which will "touch on corners of the brand not yet explored by the video games" - emphasis on the "yet". In an Ubiworkshop interview, writer Brenden Fletcher has suggested that the comic may serve as a basis for future videogames.... read more

Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century India, h

Postby SmgUk » 22 Jul 2013, 12:55

I hate Assassin's Creed games why not just make the story complete fiction otherwise people end up believing this altered history. It would be far more fun to have a game where you can be a Red Coat or a Sharpe Game.
SmgUk 26
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 22 Jul 2013, 12:51

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby AlexBolton » 22 Jul 2013, 13:18

SmgUk wrote:I hate Assassin's Creed games why not just make the story complete fiction otherwise people end up believing this altered history. It would be far more fun to have a game where you can be a Red Coat or a Sharpe Game.


A Sharpe game would be phenomenal!
AlexBolton 18
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 29 May 2013, 22:36

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Maximus T » 22 Jul 2013, 13:28

They're still moving closer and closer to the present day, though India sounds like a great location for AC. Also, the guards may have curved swords. Curved swords.
Image
A benzene ring changes everything.
User avatar
Maximus T 67
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: 14 May 2013, 14:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby CunningSmile » 22 Jul 2013, 13:29

Is this going to be released in English? The last comic series was for individual issues, but if you can find a collected edition that isn't in French you've done better than me.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10596
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Bugsquat » 22 Jul 2013, 14:00

Maximus T wrote:They're still moving closer and closer to the present day, though India sounds like a great location for AC. Also, the guards may have curved swords. Curved swords.

Tee hee :wink:
I always love it when people who develop for all the different media take us to locales and timeframes that most of us wouldn't have considered - Renaissance Italy for example, and now colonial India. They always prove to be more interesting because we often have little background knowledge beforehand - enough to be intrigued by the prospect, but not so much that we can still learn and be interested through the course of the story.
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
User avatar
Bugsquat 31
 
Posts: 158
Joined: 20 May 2013, 15:19
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Jul 2013, 18:08

3 games (and a comic) in a row which involve killings brits, guess they got a theme going :wink:
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 70
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Dave2123 » 22 Jul 2013, 22:58

SmgUk wrote:I hate Assassin's Creed games why not just make the story complete fiction otherwise people end up believing this altered history. It would be far more fun to have a game where you can be a Red Coat or a Sharpe Game.


Please tell me people aren't really stupid enough to believe that Assassin's Creed is real. It would be shit if it were just a war game like Medal of Honour. Looking back into the past, and having the Assassin's v. Templars is what makes it so good. It would be totally different if you were just some private fighting in the revolution. It would be more like CoD with swords. AC is great, because it has free running and assassinations and an underlying plot to it. You are mad to suggest that you want to take away everything that makes it good and just make another generic war game. Are you, by any chance, a CoD or Battlefield fan boy, as well.
User avatar
Dave2123 29
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 08 Apr 2013, 17:09

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Dave2123 » 22 Jul 2013, 23:01

Bugsquat wrote:
Maximus T wrote:They're still moving closer and closer to the present day, though India sounds like a great location for AC. Also, the guards may have curved swords. Curved swords.

Tee hee :wink:
I always love it when people who develop for all the different media take us to locales and timeframes that most of us wouldn't have considered - Renaissance Italy for example, and now colonial India. They always prove to be more interesting because we often have little background knowledge beforehand - enough to be intrigued by the prospect, but not so much that we can still learn and be interested through the course of the story.


I absolutely agree. That is one of the main reasons why I love AC, because it is so educational, especially AC3. I didn't know anything about the American Revolution, but now I'm a bit of an expert. I knew more about Renaissance Italy than I did about America; I was never taught that in school. I can't wait to start learning about the golden age of piracy and India sounds fascinating, too.
User avatar
Dave2123 29
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 08 Apr 2013, 17:09

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Metalrodent » 22 Jul 2013, 23:07

Dave2123 wrote:I absolutely agree. That is one of the main reasons why I love AC, because it is so educational, especially AC3. I didn't know anything about the American Revolution, but now I'm a bit of an expert. I knew more about Renaissance Italy than I did about America; I was never taught that in school. I can't wait to start learning about the golden age of piracy and India sounds fascinating, too.

You'd like the current system them, having just gone through it I can say we learn more about america than we do british history (at least when GCSEs and A levels are concerned)
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 70
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby skellen79 » 22 Jul 2013, 23:15

The fact there is even talk of the 'next' one before AC4 is even released is just silly.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and where ever truth, love and laughter abide, I will be there in spirit.
Bill Hicks 1961-1994
skellen79 28
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 04:55

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby SmgUk » 23 Jul 2013, 01:41

Dave2123 wrote:
SmgUk wrote:I hate Assassin's Creed games why not just make the story complete fiction otherwise people end up believing this altered history. It would be far more fun to have a game where you can be a Red Coat or a Sharpe Game.


Please tell me people aren't really stupid enough to believe that Assassin's Creed is real. It would be shit if it were just a war game like Medal of Honour. Looking back into the past, and having the Assassin's v. Templars is what makes it so good. It would be totally different if you were just some private fighting in the revolution. It would be more like CoD with swords. AC is great, because it has free running and assassinations and an underlying plot to it. You are mad to suggest that you want to take away everything that makes it good and just make another generic war game. Are you, by any chance, a CoD or Battlefield fan boy, as well.


I think you completely missed the point I was trying to make, What I am trying to say is yes believe it or not but a lot of people today do seem to believe a lot of historical nonsense that comes from films and games and therefore I think if your going to make a film or game and base it on something which actually happened or people who did actually exist then you should either make it Historically Accurate or Just make it completely fictional and not do it half and half because there are a lot of people who now think William Wallace was exactly like Mel Gibson in Braveheart or That the Knights Templar were evil because of AC.

I never said anything about changing the game mechanics although for me personally Assassins and all that sneaking about it doesn't do much for me and to be honest I think a game like The Cursed Crusade was a lot better than any AC game, And no I am not a COD/BF Player.
SmgUk 26
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 22 Jul 2013, 12:51

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby Maximus T » 23 Jul 2013, 07:39

Metalrodent wrote:
Dave2123 wrote:I absolutely agree. That is one of the main reasons why I love AC, because it is so educational, especially AC3. I didn't know anything about the American Revolution, but now I'm a bit of an expert. I knew more about Renaissance Italy than I did about America; I was never taught that in school. I can't wait to start learning about the golden age of piracy and India sounds fascinating, too.

You'd like the current system them, having just gone through it I can say we learn more about america than we do british history (at least when GCSEs and A levels are concerned)


Actually, I did my GCSEs this year, and the two main topics were Medicine through history(which actually has quite a bit in the renaissance time) and Nazi Germany, Hitler's rise to power etc. Before GCSE it was a lot British (Tudors, Stuarts, something about the economy I think and industry) then there was 1066 and the plague and castles, then the slave trade and finally ww1, Nazi Germany and ww2. Best part was the banned Donald Duck cartoon. That was History over the past five years at my secondary school. Barely an ounce of America.
Maybe it varies by school, and I cannot say for A levels, because I haven't done them!
Image
A benzene ring changes everything.
User avatar
Maximus T 67
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: 14 May 2013, 14:40
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby CunningSmile » 23 Jul 2013, 10:56

skellen79 wrote:The fact there is even talk of the 'next' one before AC4 is even released is just silly.


It's actually talk of another comic spin off, of which there have been several so far, rather than AC5 so don't get your knickers in a twist. I also find it unlikely that when it turns up AC5 will follow the plot or setting of this since we've not had a game set in Revolutionary Russia yet despite AC3 referencing that comic quite heavily.

EDIT: On a similar note I think we can discount Egypt from AC5 as Amazon just offered me this for preorder

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed ... sins+creed
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
User avatar
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator
 
Posts: 10596
Joined: 03 Aug 2009, 15:17
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Assassin's Creed 5 could take place in 18th century Indi

Postby AlexBolton » 23 Jul 2013, 13:41


Actually, I did my GCSEs this year, and the two main topics were Medicine through history(which actually has quite a bit in the renaissance time) and Nazi Germany, Hitler's rise to power etc. Before GCSE it was a lot British (Tudors, Stuarts, something about the economy I think and industry) then there was 1066 and the plague and castles, then the slave trade and finally ww1, Nazi Germany and ww2. Best part was the banned Donald Duck cartoon. That was History over the past five years at my secondary school. Barely an ounce of America.
Maybe it varies by school, and I cannot say for A levels, because I haven't done them![/quote]


It does vary school to school, for my GCSE we did America for half of it, all the 1920's, wall st crash etc... and then WW2 and the Nazis for the other half
AlexBolton 18
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 29 May 2013, 22:36


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Decent_Jam, Google Adsense [Bot], Pompey78 and 8 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]