to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live sale: Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 titles

Your comments on our articles.

Tom Clancy franchise brutally maimed in price-related assault

This week's Deal of the Week is abundant in grim, square-jawed men clad in a variety of goofy headsets, armed with intensely abbreviated firearms - incorrigible sneakers and back-stabbers whose every other word is a gravelly callsign. It can only be Tom Clancy, whose various gaming offshoots are a piffling £8.99 from today till 29th July.... read more

Xbox Live sale: Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 titles

Postby ChocoROID » 23 Jul 2013, 11:53

Shame the stores beat them to me on this one again,
I might go for Deniable Ops: while it's cheap though.
This is my signature. Isn't it pretty?
ChocoROID 27

Re: Xbox Live sale: Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 ti

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 23 Jul 2013, 12:06

I pre-ordered every one of these titles so there's nothing for me here, as of yet, there has been nothing in any of the sales that I haven't already got, which is the downside of having such a large game collection. :cry:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby CunningSmile » 23 Jul 2013, 12:14

AllusiveTurtle wrote:I pre-ordered every one of these titles so there's nothing for me here, as of yet, there has been nothing in any of the sales that I haven't already got, which is the downside of having such a large game collection. :cry:

Stop being so greedy/wealthy :wink: I've managed to pick up something in almost every one so far, even if it was stuff like the first Crysis that I've disliked the sequels but thought might be worth a try in case I've just missed back ground so didn't like them.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Marcissocoolyo » 23 Jul 2013, 12:26

HAWX... Hmmm to buy or not to buy ;) it's all too tempting! Aggh!
Marcissocoolyo 17

Postby MrT666 » 23 Jul 2013, 13:44

I came here looking for a deal and all I got was a slap in the face! Are Microsoft employees smoking the herbal woodbine again? Those prices are ridiculous!
MrT666 18

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Jul 2013, 13:46

MrT666 wrote:I came here looking for a deal and all I got was a slap in the face! Are Microsoft employees smoking the herbal woodbine again? Those prices are ridiculous!

I'm sorry, £9 is ridiculous? go to your nearest CEX and find these games, they won't be much different in price and they'll be pre-owned

[edit] stupid momentfrom me, of course I'm talking bollocks
Last edited by Metalrodent on 24 Jul 2013, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby MrT666 » 23 Jul 2013, 14:06

Metalrodent wrote:
MrT666 wrote:I came here looking for a deal and all I got was a slap in the face! Are Microsoft employees smoking the herbal woodbine again? Those prices are ridiculous!

I'm sorry, £9 is ridiculous? go to your nearest CEX and find these games, they won't be much different in price and they'll be pre-owned

Are you serious? :?
MrT666 18

Postby Grummy » 23 Jul 2013, 14:10

MrT666 wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:I'm sorry, £9 is ridiculous? go to your nearest CEX and find these games, they won't be much different in price and they'll be pre-owned

Are you serious? :?

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're getting at there El Rodento, all those games in CEX are between £3 and £7 less.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Jul 2013, 14:12

huh, maybe I just live in an overpriced area, or they were low on stock last time I looked :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby msbhvn » 23 Jul 2013, 14:14

Grummy wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure what you're getting at there El Rodento, all those games in CEX are between £3 and £7 less.

Factor in petrol money/bus fare and the gap is a little narrower, but I agree they aren't spectacular deals. Splinter Cell Conviction I bought a year ago on Steam for £5 with all the DLC.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 23 Jul 2013, 14:32

Metalrodent wrote:

In fairness, you can get some of these games brand new and delivered for less than is being offered here; Endwar is £7.99 new & delivered from Coolshop, for example, and if you were to order it from them today you would probably have it tomorrow. I've had a quick look at the games listed and only one of them cost a little more brand new.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby FishyGinger » 23 Jul 2013, 14:50

In Rodents defence CEX is a hole of a place that generally smells of urine and should be burned to the ground for being such a dank place full of plebs :P

And that's why he should never hire me as his lawyer.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby PonderingWalrus » 23 Jul 2013, 17:24

Grummy wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure what you're getting at there El Rodento, all those games in CEX are between £3 and £7 less.

Still a good deal for £9 though and at least you won't end up with a game box and manual that reek of smoke and look like they've been chewed on.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby J4K5ON » 23 Jul 2013, 17:34

not very good for a so called sale, i got HAWX for £2.69 in the ultimate game sale earlier in the year. lol cheaper at the shop down the road for all but one of the titles listed. they range from £2.99 - £6.99 and i can either walk or nip down on the bike :D
J4K5ON 7

Postby bamozzy » 24 Jul 2013, 05:38

to be honest - I have 1 game on demand 'game' and that was Free (Fable 3). EVERY other game - even the sale priced games are too expensive as I can get the disc based version with Manual, Case etc (95% of the time) brand New, sealed and delivered to my door for less.

I also much prefer to have the 'hard copy'. I can lend this to friends and/or family, has resale value (so is an asset) and I also have something physical for my money and less money than a downloaded version with no case/manual/disc to manufacture etc...

Anyway I have seen these games for £5-£10 (on disc NEW and delivered - I don't but 2nd hand by choice) but still think that maybe too high...

I didn't like End War (I have on PS3) and Ghost Recon:FS is not that good to make me want to invest in the others. I do recall Splinter Cell (on the original xbox) as being OK though...
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

Loving Destiny at the moment!!! I know the story isn't as 'Epic' as it could be but the game is so addictive!!
bamozzy 66

Next