to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft confirms UK first-party Xbox One game prices

Your comments on our articles.

RRP set at £50

Microsoft has confirmed recommended retail pricing for Xbox One games in the UK. The manufacturer's online store currently has Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5 and Kinect Sport Rivals down at £49.99 - more or less in line with the RRP for Xbox 360 titles.... read more

Microsoft confirms UK first-party Xbox One game prices

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 24 Jul 2013, 10:20

That's cool, I've been saying for ages that the RRP will probably be £49.99 in order to not price themselves beyond the means of gamers. Basically it's around £10 more than the current RRP, which means we can expect to pay between £35 (BBB) and £45 (AAA).

Any news on what the digital copies are going to cost?
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Microsoft confirms UK first-party Xbox One game prices

Postby Currambo » 24 Jul 2013, 10:27

AllusiveTurtle wrote:That's cool, I've been saying for ages that the RRP will probably be £49.99 in order to not price themselves beyond the means of gamers. Basically it's around £10 more than the current RRP, which means we can expect to pay between £35 (BBB) and £45 (AAA).

Digital price is what im interested in as well! Planning to get BF4 at launch, but would like to go digital and see how smooth the system is and decide if thats the way I want to go in future, having my library on the cloud would be a bonus!

Also, if you go digital... does that mean you have no chance of getting any pre-order bonuses? For example i want the China Rising expansion with my BF4.

Hopefully they bring out a digital price list soonish!
Currambo 54

Postby atw » 24 Jul 2013, 10:29

So basically they're trying to lose customers, make poor people even poorer and make gaming a middle class - rich thing.
atw 23

Postby PonderingWalrus » 24 Jul 2013, 10:38

atw wrote:So basically they're trying to lose customers, make poor people even poorer and make gaming a middle class - rich thing.

I think you are seriously overreacting, £50 RRP is not to shabby at all and it could have been so much worse. If that's too much for you then I suggest that you simply wait for games to drop in value or go on sale.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby FishyGinger » 24 Jul 2013, 10:44

atw wrote:So basically they're trying to lose customers, make poor people even poorer and make gaming a middle class - rich thing.

My heart bleeds for you.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Jul 2013, 10:48

Considering in some places BO2 and Halo 4 still cost upwards of £40 (and these are the biggest selling games) then that probably won't be a problem
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Setsuna-san » 24 Jul 2013, 10:50

Thats not as bad as I thought, I was expecting them to be like £60-£70, but this is very reasonable. I too am interested in digital copies, purely for convenience, as I live in the middle of no-where. :P
Setsuna-san 10

Postby unabatedshagie » 24 Jul 2013, 10:53

AllusiveTurtle wrote:That's cool, I've been saying for ages that the RRP will probably be £49.99 in order to not price themselves beyond the means of gamers. Basically it's around £10 more than the current RRP, which means we can expect to pay between £35 (BBB) and £45 (AAA).

Well if the RRP is £50 then the digital price will be £50.

Guess I'm not going digital this time round.
unabatedshagie 17

Postby SHalo28 » 24 Jul 2013, 10:57

same as 360 games when itm 1st came out 8)
SHalo28 23

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Jul 2013, 11:00

Is there a worlds smallest violin emoticon I can use? The RRP for the next generation is the same as for this generation. If you've manage to game on the 360 than you can continue on the One.

Besides why shouldn't gaming be a middle class rich thing? It's hardly a necessity but a luxury and as a result shouldn't be anywhere near your priority list unless you have disposable income.
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 24 Jul 2013, 11:01

lazercut123 wrote:

Erm, no the RRP is the same as current gen, they are both £50

Darn you, Lazer! Not only did you highlight my error, but you quoted it meaning I couldn't go back and change it when no-one was looking! :oops:

In fairness, some smaller releases do have lower RRP and the price then gets reduced from there, and I was trying to get across that I reckon we'll be paying about £10 more for our games on the One, but you're right, I cocked up!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby sarge2u » 24 Jul 2013, 12:52

Currambo wrote:

Digital price is what im interested in as well! Planning to get BF4 at launch, but would like to go digital and see how smooth the system is and decide if thats the way I want to go in future, having my library on the cloud would be a bonus!

Also, if you go digital... does that mean you have no chance of getting any pre-order bonuses? For example i want the China Rising expansion with my BF4.

Hopefully they bring out a digital price list soonish!

As far as i'm aware the digital copy won't be any smoother than the disc copy, just for the fact that each copy of the game will require the game to be fully installed to the machine, but needing the disc as a boot file check, i could be wrong.
If the price is better than the disc version i for one will be grabbing all digital versions as for £50 i will be keeping the games i buy because i will make sure there worth the money first before paying over the odds for them.
Only good thing about the price of the games being so high is it might keep the little scroats that should not be on there in the first place from being online.
sarge2u 30

Postby MrT666 » 24 Jul 2013, 13:02

£50 is a bit steep seeing as their console is £430 as well, I hope that's not actual in shop price because if it is I can see a lot more development teams going bust. You'll have ea and activision charging near £60
MrT666 18

Postby SilentDark » 24 Jul 2013, 13:04

CunningSmile wrote:

Besides why shouldn't gaming be a middle class rich thing? It's hardly a necessity but a luxury and as a result shouldn't be anywhere near your priority list unless you have disposable income.

You'd be surprised what you can afford when you live on a diet of Smart Price Pasta. Still competition should drive prices down soon enough.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby FishyGinger » 24 Jul 2013, 13:08

MrT666 wrote:£50 is a bit steep seeing as their console is £430 as well, I hope that's not actual in shop price because if it is I can see a lot more development teams going bust. You'll have ea and activision charging near £60

everybody above wrote:It's the same as now.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Next