Armored Core: Verdict Day first look - building a better bot

Your comments on our articles.

The latest in From Software's endless mech series nears release

The Armored Core series has never been particularly welcoming to newcomers. A mech-based action franchise with a focus on tactics, dizzying customisation, and more menus and stats than story elements, it's always seemed better suited to people who design jet engines than people who play videogames.... read more

Armored Core: Verdict Day first look - building a better bot

Postby Maximus T » 24 Jul 2013, 18:59

UNACatars!
I'm really happy that more and more games are doing the drivatar thing because it's proper clever and I like the realism it should bring.
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 71

Re: Armored Core: Verdict Day first look - building a better

Postby Thos. » 24 Jul 2013, 20:28

I love mechs, but nothing seems to quite hit the spot. In our house, we're still playing 2 v 2 MechAssault 1 and 2 on a pair of system linked original Xboxes. Countless hours of fun and laughs. Nothing's ever come along to quite beat that yet.
Thos. 46

Postby PonderingWalrus » 25 Jul 2013, 16:15

I never played Armored Core V, despite it grabbing my interest but I did love For Answer. If I don't get round to picking up V then it looks like this could definitely be one for me to get.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby OXM ETboy » 25 Jul 2013, 16:21

I adored the PS1 versions, but they badly need to rethink the presentation and campaign structure. It's a closed book if you don't like mech customisation.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Jimmie Taylor » 14 Sep 2013, 08:25

Armored core has never been for the small minded. That said I started the series at AC3 and Silent line and played ever since. Its very simple to understand if you take the time and to get used to it unlike alot of games that are done within an easy 8hrs or so armored core takes that time testing out mech builds and new strategies.

The series has never been about the story for me but for the customization and time consuming. If your like me you buy games for something to consume the extra time you have off while having fun and for me armored core does that better then most other games.
Jimmie Taylor 1

Postby Grummy » 14 Sep 2013, 11:04

I'm not sure about this, I can't help but feel they've lost their way over the years. The PS1 ones were awesome, absolutely fantastic, some of my favourite games, but since then I've always been disappointed by them, particularly AC4 which I thought was horrible.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator