to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One self-publishing - six questions Microsoft needs to

Your comments on our articles.

Thoughts from leading independents on the manufacturer's policy shift

Microsoft's announcement of the ability to self-publish on Xbox One has been widely applauded - it should ensure that the console is as well-stocked with eccentric, risky and inventive titles as its older sibling. Some independent developers still entertain misgivings nonetheless, with many policy and implementation specifics still to be revealed.... read more

Xbox One self-publishing - six questions Microsoft needs to

Postby KernowDevil23 » 26 Jul 2013, 14:51

Great article Ed.

Hopefully these questions and more are answered soon. Purely to halt your rapidly greying hair....... :wink:
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Re: Xbox One self-publishing - six questions Microsoft needs

Postby OXM ETboy » 26 Jul 2013, 15:08

Two I forgot to add - will there be an exclusivity requirement, and, will Microsoft allow cross-platform play with PS4/PC owners? The second one's not really an indie-specific question, I guess.

Glad you enjoyed it.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Neil Dyson » 26 Jul 2013, 17:45

I received a 4 day Press Pass to GamesCom but only this week and I think financially its too late to go. I would love to be there when these questions are answered. Maybe a miracle will happen between now and then....
Neil Dyson 4

Postby Grummy » 26 Jul 2013, 18:07

Neil Dyson wrote:I received a 4 day Press Pass to GamesCom but only this week and I think financially its too late to go. I would love to be there when these questions are answered. Maybe a miracle will happen between now and then....

You've sold a gazillion vacuum cleaners, how can you not afford to go?
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Str1p3 » 26 Jul 2013, 21:05

as for the machine being hacked. That would still happen without the dev kit thats probably the main reason u need to connect to live every now & then
Str1p3 17

Postby Dave2123 » 03 Aug 2013, 01:21

"Sony, it's worth noting, has also failed to share real details of how this will work" - of course the haven't told us. Has Sony actually told us anything since their launch, I don't think I've read anything? That's why I refuse to get a PS4 (also because it's inferior), because Microsoft are totally honest about what they're doing and they're telling us everything we want to know, but there's still loads that Sony are withholding from us, and I don't want to fund a company like that.
Dave2123 29