to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Eight reasons Disney Infinity will genuinely appeal to "real

Your comments on our articles.

How Avalanche's latest may ensnare players young and old

Parents up and down the country are priming both themselves and their wallets for 23rd August - the day that Disney Infinity and its army of interactive toys hit our shores. But why should their darling little 'uns have all the fun?... read more

Eight reasons Disney Infinity will genuinely appeal to "real

Postby ChocoROID » 28 Jul 2013, 10:45

Well I'm impressed, but I cant see myself paying for so many toys.

So it's like DLC but without the download... Soooo, C?
or physical content? PC?
Hey have you got the latest Infinity PC?

I'm not sure how to say this in conversation if this took off.
Am I allowed to say toy, or will this anger the pedants who will claim it's more than a toy? :s
This is my signature. Isn't it pretty?
ChocoROID 27

Re: Eight reasons Disney Infinity will genuinely appeal to "

Postby PCG The_B » 28 Jul 2013, 11:02

ChocoROID wrote:I'm not sure how to say this in conversation if this took off.
Am I allowed to say toy, or will this anger the pedants who will claim it's more than a toy? :s

Personally I'd argue the systems of the games in terms of the physical toys into game content has already taken off - Skylanders is absolutely massive with young children and parents, even if it doesn't seem to get that much coverage in the gaming press (which in fairness I'm guessing is because usually their target market is a little older), so Disney are more than justified in trying to get a slice of that pie. I'd also say though that you are fully allowed to say toy, as frankly I don't think a game that has a mode called Toybox mode thinks of the term as derogatory at all, in fact it embraces it.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby fracturedrich » 28 Jul 2013, 14:43

I've got three little gamer's on my hands who are trying there best to out do me for hardware,i have even invested in lego LOTR to co op with the youngest and he has bailed me out of trouble more than once this weekend. I am always on the look out for new games for them to enjoy and to be honest on the 360,lego and viva pinata are leading the way for the youngest.The three of them get in front of the tv and work together to get past puzzles and bosses,it is a joy to watch.I have had my eye on this game for some time but don;t think i have the room for so many racetracks and castles.I want to no if there is a story mode for the youngest or levels he can play his way through,i think my eldest will have hours of fun building and such as she is a big minecraft fan.I hope there is going to be a review of this soon as i am looking forward to it.
fracturedrich 47

Postby captainhetty » 28 Jul 2013, 16:12

We already have Skylanders and pretty sure this will be on the list of things to buy when it comes out. The kids love it, but we do as well. There's something quite nice about playing a game that's not too serious and has an amount of novelty to it.

For what it's worth, we just call them figures, not toys. Purely because we don't want the kids to see them as 'toys' - in that they can't just pull them all out and play games with them whenever they want.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 58

Postby Organic Carrot » 28 Jul 2013, 23:00

If Disney make Marvel and Star Wars expansions for this game it will probably become one of the greatest selling games in all of human history. I can already picture hardcore collectors hording vast numbers of the little figures of Spider-Man and Darth Vader in little dusty cardboard boxes, waiting for the day they can take their collection on to the Antiques Roadshow and sell it for thousands of pounds.
Organic Carrot 36

Postby mech monkey » 29 Jul 2013, 02:38

I can't physically fit any more random stuff in my house without having a Toys R Us logo above my front door
mech monkey 4

Postby CunningSmile » 29 Jul 2013, 13:14

Am I the only one that thinks the two Johnny Depp figures are really cute?
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 72
OXM Moderator

Postby Ogami » 10 Aug 2013, 22:40

So Disney Infinity will support AI Teammates? Good, because unlike Skylanders I have hope for this game. The AI Teammates just boosted my hope up. :D
Ogami 1