to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Video: GTA 5 and Max Payne 3's combat compared

Your comments on our articles.

How Rockstar's latest builds on Max's Brazilian adventure

Afternoon all. Can I interest you in side-by-side footage of two popular (or sure-to-be popular) third-person shooter action simulator thingies? No? Well how about the sound of a woman's voice slowed down to a quarter-speed? This "GTA 5 vs Max Payne 3" video from Youtube user datarace1 proffers both.... read more

Video: GTA 5 and Max Payne 3's combat compared

Postby Mendes » 29 Jul 2013, 15:47

I thought Max Payne was an absolute joy. Great characters, story, graphics, action and soundtrack.... I was worried when I heard it was making a return and not helmed by Remedy and not set in a rainy New York / Jersey, but from the off, literally as soon as I heard the original soundtrack motif, I was hooked.

You can get it from Play.com at the moment for less than £9, that is a bargain, I urge people to get the game, it'll keep you going till GTA is out.

If GTA's combat takes anything from MP3, this can only be a good thing.

Then can we have the next Red Dead.

Then can we have Max Payne 4! He's such a great character his story cannot be over.
Mendes 35

Re: Video: GTA 5 and Max Payne 3's combat compared

Postby GallifreyDog » 29 Jul 2013, 16:06

I think GTA V's mechanics look even better. The animations are a lot more fluid.
GallifreyDog 26

Re: Video: GTA 5 and Max Payne 3's combat compared

Postby Twoeyediain » 30 Jul 2013, 08:05

The Max Payne trilogy is pretty awesome.

looking forward to where they take him on the Next Gen platforms.

if they have taken the gunplay mechanics from MP3 into GTAV then happy days, the GTA gun work has always seemed a bit dodgy to me.
Twoeyediain 20