to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

20 binned Star Wars games outed - Han Solo, Vader, Jedi Outl

Your comments on our articles.

Also, Star Wars: Scum and Villainy.

Well here's a thing: LucasArts once planned a game about Han Solo, the flash back-stabber who nicked off with Luke's girlfriend in Return of the Jedi. That's according to a book I've just noticed, Rogue Leaders, which makes mention of 18 other cancelled spin-offs, including Star Wars: Darth Maul, Star Wars: Vader and Star Wars: Rebel Scum.... read more

20 binned Star Wars games outed - Han Solo, Vader, Jedi Outl

Postby mistergrimm » 29 Jul 2013, 16:10

I like that Jedi Rebel and Rebel Jedi are two distinct games.
mistergrimm 33

Re: 20 binned Star Wars games outed - Han Solo, Vader, Jedi

Postby Bugsquat » 29 Jul 2013, 16:30

Darth Maul...taken too soon. I think that he should have lasted at least until Episode II - his death in Episode I always felt to me a tad 'deus ex machina': he has Obi Wan at his mercy, but doesn't kill him, he just stands there fiddling with his lightsaber for a bit. And then suddenly Obi Wan jumps out of the giant hole and cuts him in half while he gawps at him WHICH IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OUTCOME OF THE SECOND TIME THIS IS ATTEMPTED BY ANAKIN IN EPISODE III. But I digress...
He really is the second coolest Darth, and I think that he deserves some deeper exploration.
The way of life is the posture of a tree; rigid trunk for structured and directed childhood, followed by open branches - life choices. Some branches take one higher than others, and some split many times. But never forget...Every branch bears a leaf.
Bugsquat 31

Postby mistergrimm » 29 Jul 2013, 16:37

Bugsquat wrote:Darth Maul...taken too soon. I think that he should have lasted at least until Episode II

It was definitely a narrative mistake. There wasn't enough satisfaction when Obi-Wan killed him as there wasn't enough time for him to be established as a villain worth beating. If Obi had run away and left Qui-Gon for dead, then the conquest of guilt and desire for revenge could have been a recurring theme over the next couple of films. They could have even had Obi struggling with not letting himself fall to hatred and the dark side.
mistergrimm 33

Postby Metalrodent » 29 Jul 2013, 16:53

Jedi Knight 3 would have been nice, I have fond memories of the first, what with the nice amount of character customisation and actually being allowed to slice limbs off (in slo mo) enemies
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Neil H » 29 Jul 2013, 16:57

Star Wars: Scum and Villainy needs to happen :P
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby PonderingWalrus » 29 Jul 2013, 16:57

LucasArts once planned a game about Han Solo, the flash back-stabber who nicked off with Luke's girlfriend in Return of the Jedi.

Cough! Sister! Cough!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby PonderingWalrus » 29 Jul 2013, 16:59

Metalrodent wrote:Jedi Knight 3 would have been nice, I have fond memories of the first, what with the nice amount of character customisation and actually being allowed to slice limbs off (in slo mo) enemies

Agreed, I loved Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Even if the story and voice-acting was pants.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby OXM ETboy » 29 Jul 2013, 17:08

PonderingWalrus wrote:
LucasArts once planned a game about Han Solo, the flash back-stabber who nicked off with Luke's girlfriend in Return of the Jedi.

Cough! Sister! Cough!

ShhhhHHHHHHhh
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby JCHN » 29 Jul 2013, 17:12

1. Anybody else notice that Episode VII has a name on that picture???
2. Jedi Hunter sounds quite fun.
JCHN 56

Postby PCG The_B » 29 Jul 2013, 17:40

JCHN wrote:1. Anybody else notice that Episode VII has a name on that picture???

In fairness, I believe these titles all came before Episode 7 the movie was confirmed to be in production.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Neil H » 29 Jul 2013, 17:41

I always wanted to play as a 'Jawa' - maybe they could come up with a 'Pikmin' style game where you order around a bunch of Jawas and build your own little intergalactic scrap empire :)
Whatever doesn't kill me........had better start running
Neil H 22

Postby JCHN » 29 Jul 2013, 18:33

PCG The_B wrote:
JCHN wrote:1. Anybody else notice that Episode VII has a name on that picture???

In fairness, I believe these titles all came before Episode 7 the movie was confirmed to be in production.

Perhaps, but it does perhaps give us some idea.
JCHN 56

Postby Maximus T » 29 Jul 2013, 19:32

Neil H wrote:I always wanted to play as a 'Jawa' - maybe they could come up with a 'Pikmin' style game where you order around a bunch of Jawas and build your own little intergalactic scrap empire :)

I'm pretty sure you can play as a Jawa in "Hunt" mode on star wars Battlefront 2 in Mos Eisley.
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Postby Metalrodent » 29 Jul 2013, 19:38

Maximus T wrote:
Neil H wrote:I always wanted to play as a 'Jawa' - maybe they could come up with a 'Pikmin' style game where you order around a bunch of Jawas and build your own little intergalactic scrap empire :)

I'm pretty sure you can play as a Jawa in "Hunt" mode on star wars Battlefront 2 in Mos Eisley.

yes, but it was the most hilariously tragic thing ever, you had a gun which did barely any damage and you died in like 2 shots :lol:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Maximus T » 29 Jul 2013, 19:45

Best Hunt modes were Hoth as the Wampas or Endor as Ewoks!
A benzene ring changes everything.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Next