to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox One controller, charging kit and headset officially pri

Your comments on our articles.

$60 for the pad, $25 for the headset

Microsoft has slapped official pricepoints on the Xbox One's vaunted pad, headset and Play & Charge kit. The controller carries an RRP in the US of $59.99 (roughly £39), while the headset goes for $24.99 (around £16).... read more

Xbox One controller, charging kit and headset officially pri

Postby herdz » 30 Jul 2013, 10:39

Really really want a xbox one but the price is a bit of a put off I've got a wife and 6 month old
To think of first and times are hard!! :(
herdz 38

Re: Xbox One controller, charging kit and headset officially

Postby Maximus T » 30 Jul 2013, 10:48

I'm going to wait for a while before I get a ONE, as if the 360 still has plenty of stuff going for it, I can keep gaming whilst allowing the price to slowly drop.
This signature is so amazing, you get a +1 morale boost just for reading it.
Join the OXM Gamerscore league on True Achievements!Click here!
Maximus T 70

Postby CunningSmile » 30 Jul 2013, 10:59

Looks about the same as the 360 extras then. Only thing I think I'll need is the plug and play charger since that's the only extra I really use on the 360
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Drviolence » 30 Jul 2013, 11:26

Herdz, I hear you mate, similar boat myself with 8 month old. The only reason I'm getting one on launch is that I won a console and FIFA pre-ordered for launch day through my work. Hitting those targets paid! Plenty of great stuff for 360 thou.
Drviolence 39

Postby herdz » 30 Jul 2013, 12:29

Drviolence wrote:Herdz, I hear you mate, similar boat myself with 8 month old. The only reason I'm getting one on launch is that I won a console and FIFA pre-ordered for launch day through my work. Hitting those targets paid! Plenty of great stuff for 360 thou.

U lucky git im so jealous lol!!

I've pre ordered the one so just hoping when the time comes I have the cash :) so fingers crossed!!
herdz 38

Postby Drviolence » 30 Jul 2013, 15:30

herdz wrote:
Drviolence wrote:Herdz, I hear you mate, similar boat myself with 8 month old. The only reason I'm getting one on launch is that I won a console and FIFA pre-ordered for launch day through my work. Hitting those targets paid! Plenty of great stuff for 360 thou.

U lucky git im so jealous lol!!

I've pre ordered the one so just hoping when the time comes I have the cash :) so fingers crossed!!

Ha I know mate! It was either a console, iPad or spa day so no contest! (Mrs has no idea about the spa!)
It's now a problem of what games to get! Got FIFA ordered but I want battlefield,cod,watchdogs, ac4 and dead rising 3!
Gotta be best launch ever??
You will be ok in sure, trading in is always good as well!
Drviolence 39

Postby Plamsa wing » 30 Jul 2013, 16:23

Shopto has the controller for £44.86, I'd reckon it'll be around that price. Can't be no more than the PS4 controller, that's £55.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby KernowDevil23 » 30 Jul 2013, 16:29

Plamsa wing wrote:Can't be no more than the PS4 controller, that's £55.

The DS4 is listed at that price because Sony haven't confirmed prices yet mate. I highly doubt it'll be £55! (remember Amazon listed the XB1 controller at £99?!)....
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby LethalBuddha » 30 Jul 2013, 17:08

I wonder if the controllers be compatible with the current battery packs, I'd like to be able to use my dual docking station rather than shelling out for yet another plug and play kit, but if not then oh well never mind eh!
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.. --- -. . --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- --- .-. -.- . -.. / --- ..- - / .- / .--. --- .. -. - .-.. . ... ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -- . ... ... .- --. .
LethalBuddha 32

Postby KernowDevil23 » 30 Jul 2013, 17:09

LethalBuddha wrote:I wonder if the controllers be compatible with the current battery packs, I'd like to be able to use my dual docking station rather than shelling out for yet another plug and play kit, but if not then oh well never mind eh!

They're not.

The design of the battery compartment on the XB1 pad is completely different to the 360 pad.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Blackout G83 » 30 Jul 2013, 19:30

im a little confused,if the controller has a built in battery pack which means you dont need normal batterys surely the pad will have a charge cable in the box otherwise you wouldnt be able to charge it?have i got this wrong? :|
Blackout G83 40

Postby KernowDevil23 » 30 Jul 2013, 20:15

Blackout G83 wrote:im a little confused,if the controller has a built in battery pack which means you dont need normal batterys surely the pad will have a charge cable in the box otherwise you wouldnt be able to charge it?have i got this wrong? :|

It hasn't got a "built in battery pack". It has an inbuilt recess for the batteries rather than a protruding one like the 360 pad. A rechargeable battery can be purchased for the new pad and charged with the play & charge cable.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby ChaoticP » 31 Jul 2013, 06:32

Well at least I can get the play and charge kit 10 bucks cheaper with the controller, which I would've bought anyway.
ChaoticP 52